*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311506-The-Attack
Rated: 18+ · Other · Experience · #2311506
Lost and Confused
The Attack

He woke up. Pain in his chest.
His heart was beating so fast.
He knocked on my bedroom door.
He didn’t know what was wrong.
I placed my fingers on his wrist and started counting his heart beats. His beats were fast but not abnormal.
The tears from his eyes weren’t from the pain in his chest. But from the constant pain in his mind.
What is a mother to do?
We googled ‘pain in chest’. Of course, it brought up all kinds of warnings from heart attack to panic attacks. Do I call a physician? Do I call a psychologist?
He is an adult now. Should I let him make that choice? Do I feel comfortable with western medicine and all those side effects no one really talks about?
The only thing I knew what to do was explain to him that there are other alternatives besides chemical drugs that the pharmaceutical company’s hand out regularly. Holistic healing, crystal healing, group sessions and more.
As his tears keep rolling from his eyes; he continues to tell me it's a constant pain in his brain. At this young stage of their lives the burden of responsibilities is so grand even if I think they are minuscule. He is yet to tell me, if ever what it is in his thoughts that are so painful that he is unwilling to tell me. I find the rate of suicide among young adults overwhelming.
© Copyright 2024 PrincessThai (phzakrum at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2311506-The-Attack