*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316536-Oh-Henry
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #2316536
Daily Flash Fiction Challenge
After Henry finished his breakfast, he picked up a section of a newspaper. He held it so close to his face that his nose was almost touching it, “Why do they use such small print!?”

His wife, reading another section with no problem, “Clearly it’s the paper and not your eyes.”

Upset by his wife’s sarcasm, Henry went to tend the garden.

Not too long after he went out, he saw a woman walking in the middle of the road wearing a puffy white dress. He asked her why she was walking in the middle of the road, but got no response. Didn’t even look at him, just kept on walking.

Sometime later, he saw a man running in the middle of the road and asked, “Why are you running?”

“I am looking for my girl, Bella. Have you seen her?”

“I saw a woman walking in the same direction you’re going.”

“How long ago was that?”

“Not too long ago.”

The man continued his journey, “Thanks. Perhaps she might have seen my lost sheep.”
© Copyright 2024 Andrew W (wegrzynwriting at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2316536-Oh-Henry