*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317636-So-you-thought-you-would-find-me
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #2317636
What they learn in the east
The person who shot at them led them into a tunnel. The squad moved down the passage way keeping their eyes glued to the man carrying the rifle. The medic was with the wounded soldier, she was fading in and out of concousness, he had another soldier to carry her over his shoulder.

The cave was dank, the earth was loose soil. It appeared that he was waiting here for them to arrive there. There was shelf with varous cans of booze here, there were rounds for a rifle there. The rounds were tracer rounds. There lay a clip of rounds there and a belt of bullets for a machine gun. There was a CB radiom

"How could he have known we would show up?" the captain said as he looked about this cave. There were marks of a mount on the shelves. If one was to , rest a rifle on its mount to look at where they had arrived there.

They began to go down the passageway to follow him down this passageway. There were three branches of this passageway, they could hear the shoes of the rifle man going down the middle tunnel.

He moved down this passegeway the soldiers heard sounds that were barely resonating in their ears down this passage way. It sounded like there were vehicles working nearby.
© Copyright 2024 Richard Allen (rickyallen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317636-So-you-thought-you-would-find-me