*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317998-On-Purpose
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Crime/Gangster · #2317998
Linda Nolan is a crime buster. 300 words
On Purpose


Linda Nolan thrust her cane out in front of her. She heard someone falling heavily onto the pavement near her.

“You did that on purpose.”

“Did I? You must be mistaken, punk,” she responded calmly.

She felt a rough hand grab her upper arm. A loud rumbling growl erupted from under the bench at the bus stop she was sitting on.

“Make that mutt stop! Tell him to leave me alone,” the voice continued with more than a little fear in it.

“Who? Balthasar? He only does what he’s told if he wants to.”

“Listen, I know what you did to that old man down the street. I’ve already called both the cops and an ambulance. Hand over what you took, now!”

Linda felt the beginning of a movement of air coming near her. She touched a button on her cane. She heard the perp gasp as a sword came out of the end of it.

“Hold on, lady! You’re blind! How do you know what I did?”

“I may not have sight, sonny. But I can hear and feel. Evil adds a heavy menace to the air that I know well. I also heard you beat that man when you took his money.”

“Ms. Nolan? You okay?” an authorative voice said suddenly.

“Just fine, Barney! This lowlife is a thief who beats up old people for their money.”

“You gonna believe this old bat over me?” the teen said in a put-on pitiful voice that ended in a whine.

“Don’t worry, madam. I know this piece of street slime very well!”

Linda enjoyed the sound of the cuffs closing on the thief's wrists. She listened as he was placed in Barney’s squad car, and it left.

She sighed.

“Another day in the life of the Blind Avenger."
© Copyright 2024 dragonwoman (draygonlayd60 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2317998-On-Purpose