*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/257358-Knights
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #257358
A short short story I wrote for submission to a now defunct site.
The Gray Knights
The Tribes been south as long as we remember. They raided our cattle. We took their sheep and horses. It wasn't a bad life. Then one of our children went missing. Her corpse was found butchered in the Tribe lands. Something had to be done. That was when the Knights in Gray came to us.

They wanted to help us they said. Some like me thought it was odd that they showed up right then. A bit too easy. Something about how the girl was killed bothered us. Still, revenge runs hot in the blood.

The Knights trained lots of men and attacked the Tribes. Wiped them out. Of course, they also killed anyone who tried to stop them. Said they were traitors. I was lucky. My bad leg kept me out.

After, lots of the men got taken away. Don't know where. Don't want to ask. Them that come back don't want to talk. They take our daughters too. The ones we see again don't look so good. Makes some wonder about the one we found on the Tribe lands.

They may have saved us from the Tribes. Now who's going to save us from them?

[If you would like an anser to the above question, check out "Tracking the Trake]
© Copyright 2001 Colin Back on the Ghost Roads (colinneilson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/257358-Knights