*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/400560-The-Tree
by Fady
Rated: E · Article · Emotional · #400560
A short story, with mixed emotions
And there I stood… a place that I don’t remember how I got there… all I remember is that I heard a music… I followed it and here I am… I was standing… not hearing the music but feeling it… I looked around… everyone was enjoying it… expressing his joy in his own way… I stood like a statue.. I let the music go through me… and tried to feel what it might move in me…
The music passed like a wind through me… but it moved nothing… there was nothing in me to move but the desert … not a desert of sand… a desert of seeds of neglected and forgotten feelings that waited for the rain for so long… a rain that never came…
There I noticed that rock.. a big hard rock that even this music’s wind couldn’t move… a rock that was suddenly held by the hand of a young kid… he held it with his small hand squeezed it so tight .. and threw it with all his strength… against his dark present … hoping for a better future…
As the rock left his hand, I heard the sound of a shot… and that young kid was on the ground with a deep wound in his chest.. and I saw his blood drawing the way for the future he had in his eyes…
The pain of the wound in my chest got me back to the place I was in… the people were still there … the music awakened the animal in them… an animal seeking pleasure, hope, and freedom. Again I try to go with the flow, and to awaken that animal in me too… alas... no animal could live in this desert of mine… the feeling of emptiness filled me and squeezed me… that was when two drops of tear dropped in my desert… and as they disappeared in the seeds a big tree grew there… a big tree that I kept staring at it for a long time…
I slowly moved towards it… walked around it, sat underneath it and relaxed… and when I opened my eyes… I tried to see if there was any kind of bird on it… but when I found none, I realized that this was the tree of loneliness…. The tree kept growing bigger and I started feeling it getting heavier in me…
I try to concentrate on the music, forget everything else… but the weight of the tree was bigger than I could forget… I look around for some help; no one could notice me…I try to scream, but my voice couldn’t reach even my ear, I felt helpless, and drag my feet out…. and disappear in the darkness.
© Copyright 2002 Fady (fkassab at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/400560-The-Tree