*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/401371-Love--Loss---part-4
by Noemi
Rated: ASR · Novella · Emotional · #401371
Find out what happens to Kitty...
She never had that dream before in her life. It felt so real. So unbelievably real. She believed it was real, almost. It freaked her out. And when she woke up on Thursday morning, after her dream (or nightmare), she felt sick. Just as soon as she got to the toilet she threw up. Yet after she ate her breakfast, she didn’t feel a thing all day.
On Friday night, Kitty and Tomi met outside the cinema at 7.30pm. They walked in without so much as a nod to acknowledge each other. Tomi sensed that something was up with Kitty so he bought both of them tickets to their favourite film so far, ‘Scream’.
They sat at their usual seats at the back. They haven’t spoken to each other yet since they met outside the cinema. Tomi wondered what was wrong with his best friend. He didn’t ask, thought, but after a few long minutes of silence, Tomi could abide it no longer and he asked Kitty, almost roughly.
“So. What’s wrong?”
Kitty looked up at Tomi, fear showing clearly in her eyes. Tomi felt sorry for her and she looked so vulnerable to him.
“I don’t think you want to know.” She told him.
Tomi saw the fear building up in her. Now there were tears in her eyes.
“You know I want to know. Whatever it is I’m sure it’s not that bad. Look…”
He reached out and grabbed Kitty’s hand. He turned her towards him, reached up with his other hand and ran his fingers down her cheeks. He then closed his eyes and gently kissed Kitty on the lips passionately.
Kitty was comforted for a few seconds and her fears fled. But it came but all too soon with a crashing force, making Kitty pull away from Tomi. She remembered her dream.
Tomi decided it was probably worse than he thought.
“I think you’ll find it’s worse than you imagined. Ten times worse,” Kitty read his mind.
“Then tell me,” said Tomi and Kitty began.
“On Wednesday night I had this dream. It was about you and me.” She stopped to see Tomi’s reaction.
When she saw his eyes widen she continued.
“I think I need say no more.”
“Don’t be silly. I mean it could be true that you had the dream but…”
Then he grasped the fullness of the situation.
“I think we better go home to talk about this.”
Once at Tomi’s house he continued in a low voice so that no one would hear them. He was not taking any chances.
“And you think that you’re…pregnant?”
Kitty nodded but before she could say anything Tomi broke in.
“But that’s impossible! You can’t become pregnant from a dream. That’s just stupid. It just plain isn’t possible!!”
“I’ve been sick every morning since the dream. But-“
“That could have been something you ate.” Tomi broke in again.
“But I was fine by midday.” Kitty continued.
“But we…We didn’t exactly do it! It was just a dream. You’re being paranoid. You and I both know well enough that this is impossible.”
“I know, I know. But in my opinion nothing is impossible. And it just seems really weird.” Kitty said impatiently.
“I reckon you should have a pregnancy test. You could be over reacting.”
Kitty looked down at the floor and answered.
“Yeah. You’re right. I probably am over reacting. It’s just that it felt so real. You with me. Kissing me. Holding me close. All of it.” Kitty leaned forward into Tomi’s arms.
“Don’t worry. I’ll always be here for you. For ever and ever.”
Kitty didn’t feel completely convinced.
“Are you sure? Do you promise?”
“I promise and I’m absolutely positively sure. I’ll always be with you!” Tomi repeated and kissed Kitty softly.
This time Kitty believed him. She trusted him and loved him with all her heart. She would have done anything for him.
“I love you,” she told him.
“I love you too,” Tomi replied, somewhat surprised.

Somehow, Kitty managed to get a pregnancy test. The result cheered her up noticeably. When she met and told Tomi, he didn’t say, “I told you so,” but instead he said, “That’s great news!”
“Yeah,” Kitty said to herself. “I’m not pregnant!” She could hardly believe it.
“Now, what do you say we go out and celebrate?” Tomi asked her.
“I’d love to, but I’m not sure I feel up to celebrating just yet.”
“Aw, come on! A party is just what you need to calm your nerves. And besides, you deserve this! It’ll be my treat, I promise!” Tomi reassured her
“Ok, ok.” Kitty gave in. She didn’t want to get into an argument with Tomi. That was the last thing she wanted to do. That was the last thing on her mind.
“What time?”
“I don’t know yet. This new guy is going to have a party, but he doesn’t know when yet. He said he’d inform us by Wednesday the latest. He also said it would be as a way of meeting people from school.”
“Oh, right.” Kitty nodded. “Well, tell me as soon as you find out.”
“Sure will,” winked Tomi.
© Copyright 2002 Noemi (noemif at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/401371-Love--Loss---part-4