*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/501458-The-Lonely-Stewardess
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Adult · #501458
A poem of a stewardess who finds love.
The lonely stewardess was not well liked by the staff of the airline. She remained to herself most of the time. Through the many travels made and people she met she was about to meet one who was going to change her life. The stewardesses other than she through chicanery got her to move in with them for the sake of having a place to live.
Our lonely stewardess' name is Sue. Born in a rural part of New York, she had lost her parents. Alone, no friends, no communication with anyone who wanted to know her.
Through the many flights, a certain man was a frequent flyer. This man's name is Richard. A well-to-do man of means and wealth beyond anyone on the plane at times. Well, he kept seeing Sue in her work and one day she was the one who was tending to his needs. He, Richard, didn't know her name for not having looked at her name tag.
He did this day though and while in flight these two started a conversation which went on the major part of the flight with some interruptions from Sue having to do her work.
After the flight was over, Richard had invited Sue to dinner and dancing. She accepted and had a night on the town. Beyond her wildest dreams and those stewardesses that were her roommates, Richard was very interested in Sue.
Conversations, meetings other than with the flights, for he flew often of course, he and she started to hit it off well. Days came and went rather quickly. They saw much of each other and one day he popped the question. With a resounding and quiet yes they were soon married. But, not before, one night at the restaurant he owned he went to the bandstand and made the proclamation of their impending wedding. The wedding day now here, the bride dressed more beautifully than ever and without the stewardesses, her roommates or soon to be ex-roommates in attendance.
Their honeymoon took them to an exotic place for two weeks. Then, returning afterward they made their home in Nashville, TN and they lived happily ever after, as the saying goes.
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/501458-The-Lonely-Stewardess