*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/501503-The-Revenge-of-A-Child
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #501503
Story of how one's child came back for his killer.
In the old west were this family of the McCaines.
They had a son, bright, energetic and devoted to his mother and dad. One day the gang of Blackie's rode into the town close by, from their farm, taking over the people's businesses and lives to the point it was a terrible place to live.
One day, Blackie and his gang rode out to the the McCaine's home. They demanded protection money. Their demand was refused. The gun shots rang out. In the barn, the son was there listening to the screams and the shots. Lucas, the father, was shot first but not before he shot one ear of Blackie off or a portion of it was gone. Then, the mother was next. She didn't die instantly. By the way, her name is Carolyn. Carolyn begged Blackie to not to shoot her anymore but he didn't listen to her. He shot her until she expired. The son saw this happening from a window in the barn. He swore he would find Blackie and even the score and remained in hiding.
The boy's aunt and uncle came to receive him. He had a new home. He grew and determined more than ever he got acquainted with a gun. He used it in practice and became more than proficient.
The day came when he left his aunt's home and went back to the town where he lived before.
Getting there, he looked for Blackie. Finding his saloon, he went inside and waited for Blackie to appear. The leader of the gang's right hand man looked at him and wondered who he was. Asking the bartender he was told by him that he didn't even know who he was. He went over and started asking questions.
The son of Lucas and Carolyn told him that he was looking for Blackie to even the score.
In short, he went to Blackie and told him. Blackie peering out the office door, where he was, saw the empty chair and went out to the street where the son told the man he talked to he would be.
Ready with his gun he saw Blackie enter the street.
Before he could make a move, the son fired at Blackie. Hitting him in both wrists, shoulders, and legs. The right hand man took his leader to the local doctor. He, Blackie, was made an example of. The son told the guys in the town that were bad that if anyone would ever do something like that again he would get them.
The son left and with the heart of a young woman he won, they were married. They made their home on the same property once owned by his parents.
There they lived peaceably. The outcome for Blackie was that his gang scattered. The town's people had their town back and it was a better place than ever.
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/501503-The-Revenge-of-A-Child