*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/504326-Peace-Reigns-Within-The-Town
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Fantasy · #504326
A town where one could lose themselves.
In my mind's eye, I was thinking how tranquil it would be to have a peaceful town in which to live. Daydreaming of such a town was my result. The town's people know everyone. Speaking one to another, laughter was heard from nearly every store, as you passed by. Simple, laid back, and considerate attitudes abound. The blacksmith was more than reasonable for his services and wares. The general store keeper would offer credit and sometime would throw away the charge slip after the customer left. Upon the same customer's return to the store to pay the bill, the store keeper told the customer that it was taken care of. The local seamstress would have the same about her. Getting the latest and prettiest material for her clients, she worked feverishly to have the dress done in record time with no extra charge. Farmers would donate their produce to the ones who weren't able to provide for their families at one point or another. Peace, harmony, and friendliness reigned within and without the town. Then the daydream ended. It forced me back to reality. I wondered what it really would be like to live in such a town but within reality I had no choice but to accept what was and is around me. At the least opportunity, I would visit the peaceful town again and again. KNowing as I do there is an escape from the hectic, fast paced, sometimes if not nearly all the tiem rushing about and the impatient attitudes we all have seen around us. No laughter but bitterness throughout. That, truly, is a valid reason to seek a peaceful little town for real. I find none like the town where peace reigned.
© Copyright 2002 Silverindian (silverindian at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/504326-Peace-Reigns-Within-The-Town