*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/587867-ALL-IN-A-LIFETIME
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Contest · #587867
Written for islandjam's Easy As A to Z contest!

ALL IN A LIFETIME

The archeologist looked down at the bones, careful not to distrurb them. Dreading the thought that what he had searched for so long might be a waste of his life, he wondered how the whole expedition might evolve.

This find had a ghostly quality about it. He headed back to the tent. In the next instant he jumped back and looked for his knives. In the dimming light, the snake gave him a mystic stare, as if to ask his name and what he was doing on the opposite side of the world.
Personally, he thought, I'm not sure myself! The snake slithered out of sight.

The quality of life here resembles the deepest Amazon. He was startled to see the sand storm covering his trail. If the universal code was not to be broken, he must be very careful.

He thought of the windfall he might recieve on returning home, once the scientists with their x-ray vision looked at the bones he brought back. Yes! He was zealous but he knew, in his heart, it was all in a lifetime.

© Copyright 2002 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/587867-ALL-IN-A-LIFETIME