*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/853708-The-Big-Blue-Hiking-Shoe
Rated: E · Appendix · Comedy · #853708
An innovation of "The Little Red Riding Hood."
One day, a big blue hiking shoe was packing her soul with strawberry-scented powder (the kind that make your shoes smell better). Her mother had told her to bring it to her Great-Grandmother Working Boot, she was also to talk to any shoe she didn’t know.

‘’And never walk into the forest; it’s always full of muddy puddles, and who knows what could be living in there! I would like you to walk on the trail next to the busy road. And don’t forget to say ‘Hi’ to Great-Grandmother Working Boot for me, Have fun!’’ her mother quickly added as she gave her young shoe a kiss.

As Big Blue Hiking Shoe left the grand box, to visit her great-grandmother, she decided to take a nice shortcut through the forest, forgetting instantly what her mother had said. Just as she turned of the busy road, onto the peaceful trail into the forest, she fell into a large, muddy puddle. The muddy substance under her soul was as thick and gooey as an unbaked chocolate cake.

All of the sudden, an object as large as the grand shoe box crawled out of the bog. Big Blue knew right away who… or what… it was: the ’Boot of the Bog’
‘’Hello there, Big Blue Hiking Shoe, what are you doing out in this dark bog at this fine lunch hour?’’
‘’I’m going to my great-grandma… how did you know my name?’’ said the blue-coloured boot, forgetting her mother’s instructions not to talk to strangers.



‘’Well, you’re a big hiking shoe, and you’re blue! I guess I’ll let you be on your way, but if your grandmother’s house is to the north-west, you should probably take this shortcut towards the south-east.’’ Said the Boot of the Bog as he scurried of towards the granny’s house.

With a quick ‘Thanks’ Big Blue was on her way. She thought it kind of strange that a stranger was telling her how to get to her granny’s house, seeing as she’s been there thousands of times in the past. She also found it very strange that the supposed ‘shortcut’ she was taking seemed to be a lot longer than the actual route she was supposed to take!

After what seemed like a million years, Big Blue entered the house of her great-grandmother Working Boot. And as she did, she saw such a strange sight: her great-grandmother Working Boot lying on her bed; covers pulled up tight… similar to a can of sardines!
‘’Hello Big Blue, Have you come for lunch?’’ asked her granny
She looked somewhat different, but Big Blue couldn’t figure it out. She commented on her soul looking larger, her eyes more droopy than usual, and her nose being diminutive.
‘’Come closer dear, I can’t see very well, for my eyes are to tired.’’ said the sardine in the can.
‘’My, my, you’re teeth look quite sharper than usual; have you been eating you’re carrots?’’
‘’Yes, in fact: the sharper the better for eating you my dear…’’
At those very words, the sardine jumped out of his can, and grabbed Big Blue. Less than a second later, all Big Blue could see was darkness. At first, she thought that she was dead, but then she realized where she was…

I’m sorry to speak the truth, but it has to be told: all goof things eventually come to an end. Big Blue Hiking Shoe was a good thing, and she came to an end that lunch hour, when she became lunch for the Bog Boot at her granny’s house that day. Whether you think this story was good, or not, it also has to come to an END
© Copyright 2004 -* Trish *- (porkypiglet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/853708-The-Big-Blue-Hiking-Shoe