*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/891422-Concerning-John-Kerry-and-Abortion
Rated: 13+ · Editorial · Political · #891422
A look at Kerry's stance and why it doesn't work.
I'm not a fan of bashing candidates - all the negative campaigning, especially during the local elections, eventually makes me sick. However, something about Kerry and his stance on his abortion should initiate a double-take.

John Kerry says that he is personally opposed to abortion, but politically he strongly supports it. The defense erected by most that support Kerry is that politics must be separated from personal beliefs. To me this makes absolutely no sense. Personal beliefs are what make the country run - if a President were to serve a term that contradicted with his own beliefs, his entire political career would be a lie. There's no need for deceit or for juggling with morality in a political system that, sadly, seems to be overrun with it at the present. One of the biggest turn-offs I have concerning John Kerry, disregarding his liberal stances, is his dishonesty.

Another thing that really puzzles me is this: How can a person be Catholic and pro-choice at the same time? I agree whole-heartedly with the Church's decision to deny the Eucharist to Kerry. Bishops, by the way, have no authority to override the edicts of the Pope and serve him communion anyway. I also realize that, on the East Coast, liberal Catholics aren't especially scarce, which tells me that these people need to get their act together. Politics cannot be separated from morality - such a scenario would be death to what is the great idea of America.

God Bless.
+JMJ+
© Copyright 2004 The Nebraskan (mlwminer32 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/891422-Concerning-John-Kerry-and-Abortion