*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976032-Ripples
by scifib
Rated: 13+ · Monologue · Opinion · #976032
What we do affects others along the time line very far into the future.
Good evevning I am your future.You do not know me, but you are shaping me right now. I believe that when a butterfly flaps it's wings in Africa, the effect of that could be felt in Austrailia in the form of a tusami.
Think about your day even today. Imagine all the people you came in contact with, even the people you have read about on writing.com. Each of us starts a thousand processes in motion with a single word. Today did you kiss your loved ones when you left the house, or was there harsh words exchanged between your family? Each respone by you has a vastly different result all the way down the time line. The results could be felt for thousands of years.
There is a movie that came out several years ago, and in the end one of the actors said" in the end all we take with us is the love." A little love goes a long way in today's fast paced multitasking world.
When I come home from work at night, there are times when my family is doing their own thing, and we don't always hook up. However I will tell you one that dosen't let me in the door without greeting me with all the love his heart will give.
It's my dog! he loves with an unconditional love that knows no bounds. I had the thought one time that maybe our pets are actually angels that are watching everything that we do, and reporting it back to the creator. I wonder how many of us would be in trouble if that was the case.
What if you made a pact with yourself that starting tomorrow you would never let an unkind word leave your lips? If everthing you spoke was kindness instead of harshness, just think what effect those words would have on the world.
There is a funny saying from the sixties, " what if we gave a war and nobody came?"
You each carry the seeds of the future in you, and the whole world is affected by you. I think it would be hard for everyone to change everything that they do, but maybe not so hard to save a kind word for all. This one small thing will get us that much closer to heaven. We do have the power to change the world!
© Copyright 2005 scifib (scifib at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/976032-Ripples