*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/992086-The-Lost-Prince
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #992086
The lost prince chapter one continued (3)
one (3)

The water immediately turned white; it was like there was a row of lights underneath the water that lit all at one time. I looked over the edge of the boat to see if one of the shadows from the monsters had been caught by the light. I went to the other side and there was a shadow of a monster about twice as big as the boat. I looked up and there were about five more shadows each doubling the size of the next. I took off another one of my amulets and put it in the baby basket and then closed it up. I looked up from the boat when I heard someone whistle out to me; the shore was become visible now and everyone from the temple was standing on the shore.
“There are monsters in the water, if the need comes I will throw the basket to you as close as I can and you will have to come out in the water and get him!” I said picking up the basket and holding onto it by the handles on the side. I sat there in the boat after that perfectly still not wanting to make a sudden movement that might upset the monster, especially after making all those movements earlier. The boat rocked and turned around on the water in circles; it stopped moving and the water stopped and calmed as well. “I think we are safe no-,” The boat over turned in the water, I threw the basket while I was in the air, not really sure where I was throwing it, everything was a blur to me while in the air. I fell in the water and immediately tried to swim back up to the top; while I was swimming though I couldn’t tell which way was up or down. I turned around and saw one of the creatures coming towards me; I turned around and started to swim away from it but I wasn’t going fast enough. The creature opened its mouth; I closed my eyes knowing that this was going to be the end of my life: I was going to die. But then all of a sudden I felt hands pulling me out of the water, I grabbed on to whomever was pulling me trying to help them pull me out of the water.
I opened my eyes when I felt my body come into contact with land; the priestesses were standing all around me none of them holding the baby’s basket. “Where is the child at?” I said sitting up and looking around again to be sure that none of them had the child’s basket.
© Copyright 2005 heavens-angelic-devil (heavens-angdev at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/992086-The-Lost-Prince