*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/992079-The-Lost-Prince
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #992079
The lsot prince chapter one.
One


We hurried trough the forest to the dock where the boat lay waiting; I was cautious of any movement I saw in the bushes along the way, not sure if someone laid there waiting for the three of us to run by so they could kill all of us. I quickly shook the thought out of my head when I heard my baby cry, I slowed down to a walk, but my husband pushed me on.
“We need to stop so I can feed him… he is hungry and I need to change him.” I said turning around to face him; when my face met his all I could see was that worried look he always seemed to have on his face no matter what the ordeal.
“We cannot stop; the dock is only a little distance away; hush the child and keep moving.” He grabbed my arm and started to drag me behind him, he was walking in such a fast paste that I almost tripped over my feet and almost dropped my baby. It wasn’t till we caught sight of the dock and boat did he slow his paste.
“Can I feed the child now Midor-.” Before I could finish what I was saying he turned around and put his hand over my mouth.
“We mustn’t call each other by our names out in the open with this child with us,” He grabbed the baby from my hand and started to run towards the dock.
“No please don’t take him yet, I haven’t got a chance to feed him one last time! No let me have him please!” I had started to run after my husband when he took off with our baby to the dock, but I was tired and week from giving birth to the little thing and didn’t have the strength to keep up with my husband. When I came out of the forest and in front of the river where the boat lay, my husband had already given the child to the person that was sitting there waiting for us to bring my son to him.
The boat pushed away from the dock as I stood there at the edge of the forest not able to do anything. I couldn’t get to the boat by jumping in the water, I was never taught to swim, so would drown if I did so. I feel to my knees crying; although my husband told me we were going to do this the thought never sank into me that I would actually be losing the only child I had bared.
My husband pulled me to my feet and held me in his arms. I looked up to his face because I could feel water dropping on my head; he had tears running down his face. I reached up to his face and wiped them away; he opened his eyes and did the same thing to me.
© Copyright 2005 heavens-angelic-devil (heavens-angdev at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/992079-The-Lost-Prince