Sign up now for a free
address & your own
Online Writing Portfolio!
Open contest for SHORT STORIES of all kinds; new round every month!
BOY HAVE I GOT A STORY FOR YOU CONTEST
This is a contest that is wide open for stories of all kinds.
You asked for it and now it's here. A contest for your stories that holds little to no restrictions.
I keep getting Book Chapters and this is a SHORT STORY contest. Only Short Stories are accepted for this contest. Thank you.
1. Any Short Story of any genre, Any Word Count (but I tend to fall asleep when it's too long)
2. No editing once the story is posted for this contest-(unless you contact me and it's before I start reading and reviewing for the winners). That's too big a pain....edit all you want! I hate rules and I know what it's like when someone reads it and points out that typo that is suddenly blaring larger than a pimple on your nose--EDIT, I don't care. Make it perfect before the first---that's when I start reading anyway.
3. Enter with a bitem
4. Stories should not have other awards
5. Only ONE entry per round
Entries Judged On
1. Punctuation Important
2. Character Development--Mandatory
3. Creativity--very important I like stories that show originality --a fresh idea -- a clever way to look at something that has been seen forever –vision
1. Best Story- First Place- Blue Ribbon
2. Second Place - Red Ribbon
3. Third Place - Green Ribbon
4. Honorable Mention
A Black Ribbon is given for MASTER WRITER. It is a catogory I went to in order to honor those writers who create a short story with characters far beyond the average. A master writer is someone who has achieved the very best in their writing styles and know how to make a story linger on the mind.
Contest opens on the First Day of the Month and Closes on the Last Day of the Month
All donations are welcome! Review this item and include your donations with the review--this is not a group, there is no group number. This is opened to everyone.
Lesley Published Author
Bobby Lou Stevenson Thank You and Bless You!
Tiggy C.Evil GEOFFREY ROBSON
Champ Due to large donations--Awardicon Given
Ernest Huxley becky1 seventiesgirl
Champ Thank YOU!
bertiebrite hoping for peace Jakrebs happyfingers
johnny1209 bertiebrite hoping for peace
anonymous Thank you!
Word Imperfect Thank you!
ChristinaDaltro Thank you!
clarysage Horseman Shawlyn
Yondus writerpenman embe Heart Heavy JD Anthony gottagosee itotl kjo just groovin' Jakrebs Tiggy Eric Wharton Anotherdreamer lbjwriter Mantis
Norman Francis and a SPECIAL THANK YOU to Moarzjasac Norman Francis Jakrebs lbjwriter Heck Jakrebs Angels in my Ear's Auction Lina Black- 3 Years The Escape Artist Jakrebs Angels in my Ear's Auction just_aralls