*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/1795537
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1474311
2023 Sign-ups are CLOSED. A month-long novel-planning challenge with prizes galore.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 2, 2008 at 9:23pm
Day one...finite!
Whew...done with #1

My premise…so far.

Basically, my novel is about a group of friends that has been together for a long time. Something happens that affects all of them and due to this problem/issue, their group breaks up. While they are displaced from each other, more members add to this group to enhance the lives of parts of this group. But the novel begins with a tragic, scary and upsetting event that brings this group back together. I haven’t decided if I am going to split it up by chapters in having each character tell it from his or her point of view or if it will be told on the side of one character.
Through dealing with the different stages of this tragedy…the group reunites and meets the newer people of the group. Some hate each other, some fall in love.
So I am going to use the one sentence to sum up the premise with my different main characters…this is all subject to change, right?!

My character, Lily, is a hardened woman whose goal is to live freely but she is confronted by unease in love and comfort and Miller who opposes her because he falls head over heels for her.

My character, Randy, is a criminal whose goal is to get out of trouble but he is confronted by his anger, his drug addiction who opposes him because he cannot let it go.

My character, Ryan, is a very good man whose goal is to be successful in life and love but he is confronted by Lily and her friend who opposes him because Lily needs more.

My character, Pryor, is a goal-less person who kind of wanders through life and regret whose goal is to just simply survive but he is confronted by tragedy and old love which opposes him because he always acts like he could care less.

My character, Miller, is a troubled and unlucky guy whose goal is to find love and be happy but he is confronted by the past who opposes him because he was at fault for the death of his friends.

There...done/finished!!

Doing something does not require discipline. It creates its own discipline -- with a little help from caffeine. *Annie Dillard
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Day one...finite! · 10-02-08 9:23pm
by SummerRaye Hardy

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, BrandiwynšŸŽ¶.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums.php/message_id/1795537