*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Grim Morning
  2. Starting Off
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/831215-Tales-of-Addams-Family/cid/357851-A-Grim-Morning
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #831215
Addams family member? if your not, try not to be shrunk, squashed, enslaved or eaten!
This choice: Wednesday  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A Grim Morning

    by: Gretchen Spire
“It’s quite a bleak morning, mother.” Wednesday commented as she sat by the window, staring out towards the family cemetery.
This was her favorite place to sit on such days. The cemetery looked so desolate and depressing in the rain and dim fog which was this Saturday morning. Wednesday was very fond of the Addams cemetery. She usually made time each day, at dusk, to take a leisurely stroll through it and contemplate the likelihood of adding fifteen unmarked graves before her fourteenth birthday.
Wednesday’s mind drifted to the swamp and suddenly she remembered the noise she had heard the night before. A loud gurgling, moaning sound had come from the direction of the swamp. Curiosity usually got the better of Wednesday when faced with situations such as this.

Morticia looked up from her sewing. “Isn’t it grim, my dear?” She smiled back towards her daughter from an antique winged armchair.

Wednesday nodded slightly. What to do? Pugsley had already been tied up in the basement, so she could do her experiments at her leisure. The anatomy and phrenology books were nowhere to be found however. Wednesday couldn’t understand it; she had purposely put the books on her workbench last night in preparation for today. Who could have taken them, or what?
Wednesday stood and, straight backed, walked out of the sitting room and into the hallway.
To her left was the door leading outside to the cemetery, to her right, the basement door.

“You should make the most of the day, you know.” Morticia called after her as she looked out the window, in the tone of a mother who wants her children to get as much sun as they can.

“I will, mother.” Wednesday called back she made her way purposefully toward the door.

You have the following choices:

1. To The Swamp

*Noteb*
2. The Book Hunt

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Dawnbringer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/831215-Tales-of-Addams-Family/cid/357851-A-Grim-Morning