*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story.php/item_id/1879793-MLPFiM---Nyx-the-teen-years/cid/1382189-Castle-Crossover
Important!
*Trash* This item is in your Recycling Bin

Purging this item will permanently remove it from Writing.Com.

Change your mind?  Undelete this item.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #1879793
Nyx, the good-natured reincarnation of Nightmare Moon, decides to follow her true calling.
This choice: Something closer to home  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Castle Crossover

    by: MagnusCorvus
Twilight chuckled quietly as she looked over at Nyx. "Well, you know how much of a homepony she is... She said she wants to do something nice for Ponyville before she considers going anywhere else. She won't say what, but considering how much I've seen her conspiring with Apple Bloom and sneaking off to the castle, I'm pretty sure they're working on renovating it."

The castle in question was the one that had built by the Children of Nightmare, from which they had intended Nightmare Moon to rule over Equestria. It had actually served that purpose for a few weeks, looming near Ponyville as a reminder of a dark time in their recent history. However, because it had also served as a shelter for the entire town's population when Ponyville was swarmed by a horde of monsters, the town was divided over whether it should be demolished or if it was too useful to lose.

Applejack was taken aback by Twilight's theory. "APPLE BLOOM!" Her voice snapped through the room, surprising everyone else, especially her sister. Heading over to look Apple Bloom directly in the eye, she said, "Be honest with me. Have y'all been sneakin' off to that creepy place?"

Apple Bloom meeped, seeming to shrink a little under her big sister's glare. "N-not exactly sneakin'... Ah, I mean, which creepy place?" she stammered, which didn't help much.

Setting down the contestant she was spinning, Nyx stepped up and said, "W-we weren't doing anything dangerous, Applejack. In fact, she's the one who made absolutely sure we didn't go into any unstable areas." An assertion to which Apple Bloom nodded enthusiastically.

Applejack sighed. "No offense, Nyx, but this is between me an' mah sister." She pointed to Apple Bloom and said, "When we get home, y'all're gonna tell me EXACTLY what y'all've been gettin' up to over there. Ah'm sure Big Macintosh is gonna have words about this, too," making her little sister go pale. "Either way, y'all're grounded at the farm fer a week at least for not tellin' us about this.

Both Apple Bloom and Nyx hung their heads apologetically. "Sorry, Apple Bloom," Nyx murmured. "I didn't mean to get you in trouble."

"Awww, come on, girls! It's a party, so let's turn those frowns upside-downs," Pinkie urged, not wanting to let the mood dip too far. She knelt down next to the younger ponies, looking up at Applejack with big, pleading eyes. An expression that was soon joined by Nyx and Apple Bloom, with Scootaloo, Twist, and all the little Crusaders joining in. Nyx even went for the kill with her patented finishing move, the big black pony's lip quivering as her eyes watered up...

Applejack facehoofed at the sight after a few seconds of this. "Okay, okay, MAYBE ah'll rethink groundin' ya, but y'all're still stayin' away from that castle 'til ah say so. GOT IT?" It wasn't perfect, but much better than grounding, so Apple Bloom hugged her big sister while the Crusaders cheered.

"That was so dirty," Twilight said to Nyx with a little bemused smirk on her face, right before an irritated Rainbow Dash suddenly burst into the room.

"What the hay, Pinkie Pie?! How long are we supposed to wait out there with those fireworks?!" At the mention of fireworks, the room suddenly went quiet for about three seconds before it exploded in squeals of joy, followed by the Crusaders and their families nearly trampling Rainbow Dash on the way outside!

------------

The next day, after they had all gathered to wish Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo well on their journeys from Ponyville, Nyx approached the castle alone. Twilight had offered to go with her since Apple Bloom and the other Crusaders had been forbidden from doing so, but she insisted on going by herself. She wanted to wait until the job was completed before showing her mother and the rest of Ponyville what they had been doing with the place.

Long gone were the stained glass windows and murals that the Children of Nightmare had decorated the castle with. Images depicting the tyrannical Nightmare Moon that they had been expecting to bring to power were painted over, one wall now proudly emblazoned with the imaged of a caped pony that was on the cape of every Cutie Mark Crusader. The castle had fallen into some disrepair over the years, but most of it was perfectly safe, and other areas had been reinforced thanks to help from the others and particularly Apple Bloom's talent for construction.

For everyone in Ponyville, not least of all Nyx herself, the castle had stood as a grim reminder of a much worse time. That was why she and her friends had grown determined to renovate it, however. After all, if Nyx could become something better than what she had been created for, then so could the castle. That was what enabled her to walk down its corridors, reminded of the painful memories haunting the place, but also hopeful for the better ones that she intended to replace them with.

As she walked along, however, something else echoed through the corridors besides memories. It was the sound of heavy breathing, telling Nyx that she wasn't alone.

She stopped for a moment and listened carefully to ensure that she wasn't just hearing the breeze or a creaking door hinge, but no. As she felt around with her magic, she could tell that there was definitely something or someone alive in one of the rooms. Approaching carefully, keeping herself ready to react to anything, the alicorn couldn't tell much other than whatever it was, it wasn't moving around. Once at the door, she kicked it open and used a bright light spell to illuminate the room while blinding anything that might turn out to be hostile!

Instead of an immediate threat, though, what she found was an unconscious form laying on the floor, looking as though they needed immediate attention.

===============
* Note: This thread is primarily for crossovers with other fanfics, but doesn't necessarily have to be. Just please leave options or variations for fanfic crossovers available in the next few branches of Choice 5 *

1. Chell, the mute orange mare who works at the post office. The magic gem she uses to 'talk' is missing, and she has some kind of strange, boot-like device on each hoof. ("Better Living Through Science & Ponies" http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/05/st...)

2. A grey earth pony Nyx doesn't recognize. He has brown hair, his cutie mark is a typewriter and a flashlight, and he's wearing a flannel shirt. (Pony Alan Wake from "Creeping Darkness", this time circa American Nightmare and unaware that he's written himself into a continuation of "Past Sins" rather than "Creeping Darkness". http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/06/st...)

3. Time Turner, the brown stallion with the hourglass cutie mark that the mailmare Derpy Hooves is always running off with. (The Doctor, Doctor Whooves & Assistant version. http://www.youtube.com/user/PierceSmould...)

4. A character from the "Ace Attorney" universe (human or ponified) with "Turnabout Storm" being canon. (http://www.youtube.com/user/PWaaMLPfim/v...)

You have the following choices:

1. GLaDOS still wants her gone.

2. Better help Alan wake.

3. Doctor who? Exactly.

4. Time to lawyer up!

5. Surprise us!

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 MagnusCorvus (UN: magnuscorvus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MagnusCorvus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story.php/item_id/1879793-MLPFiM---Nyx-the-teen-years/cid/1382189-Castle-Crossover