*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000586-Solstice-and-Star
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1311011
A terminal for all blogs coming in or going out. A view into my life.
#1000586 added December 21, 2020 at 8:54pm
Restrictions: None
Solstice and Star
Re the *Star* for "Invalid Item

"The skies cleared so I looked southwest and there was this bright shiny thing ... kinda blurred because even with glasses (I found them about an hour ago) my eyes are bad. So I got my camera and zoomed. Tried to take a picture but without a tripod through a window? Still zoomed in with my Cannon and ... lo and behold... I saw the rings of saturn! I think that's the first time!

I agree that it's insignificant and merely special from our perspective BUT! the clouds were glowing reddish pink in the northeast at sunset and that was special too. So was a piece of marked-down cherry pie. I gather all the dust motes I can to make something special of my life."

Poverty = you live off the crumbs. Happiness = having crumbs to live off of.

For "Space Blog

"Poetry"   [E] by lavarion

Mini-review: not sure what exactly it is. Might be nice for a bio-block or statement of belief or purpose. By a newbie, so hard to fathom its purpose. Unratable by me.

What are your views on this?

What is poetry? Is it rhythmic? ~1~ I think repetition of rhythm, rhyme, line, sound matter but it needn't rhyme (look at haiku).
Does it express your feelings? ~2~ Not necessary.
Poetry to me is, something where you can feel free to be yourself. ~3~ Many would agree, but not necessary. If it helps free you... then that's good. It works that way for me sometimes but 5,153 pages in my journal help as well.
Someplace that could take you far- you don't have to ever come back. ~4~ Ditto.
You can be you; you can get wild. ~5~ Ditto. Except restrained is better and vomit is vomit. Get wild then learn to edit.
May not be impressive to some, but to you- its your life. ~6~ It can work as Art Therapy.
This is for those who don't know where life could take them-
Those who aren't accepted-
The beings that know who they are but can't seem to express it.
~7~ That's Art in general.
Speak your mind. ~8~ Or the mind of your Muse or a million characters fictional and real.

The writer is confusing poetry with writing and writing with Art and Creativity. Very simplistic so hopefully he/she will write a story or a poem and post. And then learn, grow, mature.

"Blogging Circle of Friends

Prompt: Write a short story, poem, or thought about the grand conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn occurring on December 21, 2020.

Well, since you asked... From your perspective you say we're "aligned" but you don't ask US! You say it's been 800 years since the last time? Pshaw, that's like... yesterday. In truth we follow the 'sun' just like y'all, and yet we aren't aligned at all. Go ask Pluto and Charon, who, sitting at the back of the bus, get a different view.

*sigh* Must you search for meaning in everything? Remember that nasty encounter with an asteroid a few million of your years ago? No? Well it was quite a sight! We still remember but we don't fuss about it. s*** happens! And you humans wouldn't be around if it hadn't. I mean, you only arrived yesterday and now all of a sudden you think you own the place. Get over it. You'll be long gone before we are, even if you do move into the cheap real estate on Titan. (Not if we have a say about it! *Smirk2*)

So enjoy your "star"! Glad we can put on a show for you every 800 years. See y'all next time. (Neptune whispers... I doubt it.)

3.434

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000586-Solstice-and-Star