*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005672
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2245458
Journalistic Intentions beginning in 2021
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1005672 added March 2, 2021 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
Things We Lost in the Fire
This has me thinking of my Grandmother and how she lived through two forest fires that devastated the area they lived in when she was a young girl. They lost livestock. They lost a house. But they always managed to save themselves. Unlike the movie this prompt is based upon, this was very literal.

Now the movie has another tone. It is more of a metaphor. Like the first entry, The Shape of Water, I have not seen this movie or even heard of it. The trailer looks great. It looks like something I could watch.



In this case the fire is not actual fire, but more a metaphor for living through a crisis. The first crisis appears to be one man with a family saving his friend from a bad situation and losing his life in the process. The other man, now saved, tries to redeem himself by coming to aid the family the other man left behind. But when he succumbs to drugs and alcohol again, it is the wife of the family man who comes through the fire to save him once again. This time for her children and his friendship.
I like the premise of this story.

Life is not smooth. We were never told it would be, but sometimes good people get stuck in hard places and they need anther person to come and lift them up.This movie seems to focus in on that.

It is a reminder that some people have it worse that we do. It is also a reminder that we are all in this together. Be there for others. Lift them up when you see them struggling.

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.
For new Mods!


My owl signature from Gemini Gem.

© Copyright 2021 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005672