*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007120-Scary-times
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1007120 added March 27, 2021 at 6:27am
Restrictions: None
Scary times
PROMPT March 27th

In your entry today, write about one of the most frightening moments of your life.
OMG There have been so many it’s hard to select one. So I may put them in order of fright.

1. I was eighteen and asleep. A man woke me up with a hand over my face. He asked me how old I was. I told him, and then he said if he took his hand away did I promise not to scream. I nodded. Then when he let go of my face I screamed for my Dad. The funny part was that my dad and big brother fought each other in the dark. Each convinced they had the intruder who had turned the power off. Anyway he escaped without being captured.

2. My two year old boy slipped out of the car at the local rubbish tip as my husband dumped some rubbish. He was backed over by a truck. Because of recent wet weather he survived as he was pushed into the soft dirt. He escaped with a fractured skull.

3. The same son had lit a stick from a garden fire. He waved it around and then as it started to go out he dipped it into a full can of petrol! I fully expected it to blow him up, but according to some law of physics it didn’t.

4. Being caught in a typhoon in the Philippines. That was pretty much up there with frightening moments.

I’m pretty sure there are other times which my mind has blanked out.

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007120-Scary-times