*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010417-Eventful
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1010417 added May 19, 2021 at 10:17am
Restrictions: None
Eventful
PROMPT May 19th

Write about the most historic world events of your lifetime. How are they (or will they be) remembered? What will the history books focus on?

There are so many world events which have happened in my life time, it’s hard to choose which ones to mention. It’s a little too late in the day for me, I mean literally. I like to do the blog much earlier.
Anyway I’ll mention a few that will be remembered in the history books.

The Second World War had the most impact on my family when I was growing up. My first years were without my father who was away fighting. It changed the way women were. Having to raise families alone and do the work of men in the factories and on the land.
The moon landing in 1969 was amazing. The world held its breath. It was so hard to believe.
Billions of people looked upward at our moon. How was it possible that there were men walking about up there?

There are so many historical events. The information on all of them at people’s fingertips if they are interested. But are they?
I used to wonder at all the history my grandparents lived through but so much seems irrelevant now.
How can it not be?
I used to hate learning all the English history at school. All those dates, Kings and Queens. I thought it all so boring and of no use to me. Today’s children will probably think the same about the World wars, or a Wall in Berlin being pulled down. Why would they care?
And yet it is important for us to remember the past, how else can we learn from the mistakes?





© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010417-Eventful