*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012674-Doorways
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2251487
Guided by prompts from WDC blogging challenges... and of course, life
#1012674 added June 28, 2021 at 3:00pm
Restrictions: None
Doorways
Written For: "Journalistic Intentions
Prompt: June 8 of 8 - Doorways I Haven't Opened

         Having spent my youth travelling between different planes of being, I have seen my fair share of doorways and gates, and gone through more of them than I should have. In my limited time on this earth, I have found that some doorways weren't meant to be opened. I know, you're thinking, "It's a doorway, they're made to be opened." But, "Made to be" and "meant to be" are two totally different things. Think about it. Just because a doorway was made to opened, it doesn't mean that we want that door opened; you might find something behind said doorway that you wouldn't want to encounter. While some doorways lead to great and beautiful things, some lead to absolutely nothing - an absence of being, and others to horrors beyond our imagining. I'm sure most people think I'm tripping. Maybe I was for a few of my journeys but I've been sober for decades now, and I am still encountering new doorways. I have learned that usually, if there is a gatekeeper or doorkeeper, those passages are not intended to be explored. Be careful when choosing the doorways you open, some cannot be closed once they are opened.
         I could go on and on about the metaphysical aspects of astral travel and dreams, but I will not bore you all with such things, besides, many of you will just laugh it off as part of my insanity anyway.
         Maybe we'll find the doorway leading to space travel, maybe the next doorway mankind will open will be that of time. But I will leave you with this: the best doorways one can open are one's mind and heart.

Happy Writing everyone! And whether or not I am sane, well that's in the mind's eye of the one perceiving the situation. Cheerios!



LeJenD




© Copyright 2021 LeJenD' Looking Up (UN: lejendpoet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LeJenD' Looking Up has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1012674-Doorways