*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014151
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#1014151 added July 22, 2021 at 8:04pm
Restrictions: None
The Price We Tokens Pay
Neva makes it very clear that when she quotes Baha'i Scripture in her spirituality blog "I Blog Poetry and Prose"   [18+] by Prosperous Snow celebrating that she does so as an individual. Be happy you know her. It's sad that so few here have Baha'i friends In Real Life to understand that. She's your personal TOKEN Baha'i writer. It may come as a surprise that Neva and I don't agree 100%. Baha'is don't have to. We don't argue over Scripture or focus on how many angels can fit on the head of a pin. We leave that for certain nitpickers hiding behind the dogma of other religious traditions.

When I mention the Oneness of Mankind, Neva knows exactly what I'm referring to with or without quoting Scripture.

Christians are a dime-for-a-dozen here in Montana. No one assumes that Joanie down at the Catholic Corner of St. Francis and St. Ignatius is Homeless Jesus in drag or Pope Joan the 2nd.

Most of you have Christian friends that don't have to constantly explain themselves; but, many of you lack Muslim, Hindu, Jewish, Jain, Buddhist, Taoist, Wiccans from Wisconsin friends. Which means you have no one to ask face-to-face when you have questions. And these days it's unwise to assume that former stereotypes or ignorant bigotry will provide you a safe pass. Someone will call you out. Appreciate them correcting you and be thankful.

The greater solution of course is to get to know people outside your social bubble and religious echo-chamber. It can be done. Neither Neva nor I grew up in a multi-cultural inclusive community. We chose to grow and we learned.

So... is there a need to point out the ethnic or racial tokenism here at WDC? *Shock2* I didn't think so.

Tokens come in all sizes, shapes and colors. We all have individual ways of coping with not quite fitting it. When we raise our voices listen carefully.

We don't all sing in key.

Posted in "Blogville
759

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014151