*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017586-Knock-Knock
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #2258138
This is my blog & my hope, writing daily will help me see my progress and log supporters.
#1017586 added September 17, 2021 at 12:29am
Restrictions: None
Knock Knock
This morning my alarm sounded and the message was to call counsellors.

Knock Knock
"Who's there?"
"Ummm, you actually answered my call?"
'What can we do for you?"
"You have no idea."

After a thirty-minute interview (right then and there and I felt in my bones these people were the ones) to ensure I met their criteria (and I did) I was accepted.

Once a week they run a group session, which is a walk-in group session for one and a half hours...and once a week, one hour, TWO (never had two Counsellors with one client before and might be to do with their own understandable need for safety) on one individual sessions lasting for twelve weeks, which the intake officer (Victoria) told me they would call me back within the next two weeks to give me an appointment to begin.

I believe there is a fine, but very important and discernable line between arrogance and self-confidence and for some perhaps, this line is hard to see at times, but for me personally, if it ever fades, I want someone I respect to give me a good hard kick up the ass to remind me I'm not all I think I am.

I can be a little cocky at times (just ask anyone who knows me), but usually, it is in jest, or if I am doing well, and during my interview, I used every tool in my arsenal (every trick in the book) to get my bum through that door...after all, I was running out of options...charm, humour, emotion, truth, always truth...self-confidence and a little desperation...and, it must have made an impression because about half an hour after the interview ended, Victoria called back and asked if I would be available to attend my first individual session next Friday (seven days from then)...no prizes for guessing there was no hesitation...anything that might have been scheduled for that time was to be rescheduled...not because I feel like I am about to fall off the wagon, but because I am excited to begin this new phase of my life and I know just how important these sessions will become to my continued abstanance from meth in the coming weeks and months.

I cannot do this alone...and the beautiful thing is, I don't have to.

Today I will not use, and that is a feeling I simply cannot express in words.

© Copyright 2021 Dr Gonzo (UN: neilfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dr Gonzo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1017586-Knock-Knock