*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037435-A-Three-Day-Class-In-Schaumburg
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#1037435 added September 7, 2022 at 5:17am
Restrictions: None
A Three Day Class In Schaumburg
Teaching In Schaumburg For Three Days


Locale: Schaumburg, Illinois

Week of: 8/29/22..

         I last taught this class about 3 years ago, but was not worried about my knowledge and presentation of it.  I was correct in that thought, my knowledge was solid, I had no difficulties delivering the class, nor any difficulties in answering questions.  Where I lacked though, was the flow, being smooth, knowing where I wanted to be at the end of each day.  Small things like that.  Something like that can only come with consistent scheduling, and thank God I'm scheduled to deliver this class 3-4 times next year!

         There was one area of 'rustiness' that I couldn't avoid, that being the use of the Service Monitor to perform checks on the system.  In one of the hands-on activities, we needed to get to the Spectrum Analyzer mode, and from there, the Track Generator mode.  I couldn't remember how to do that!  I got there on one of the three Service Monitors, we only needed the one.  Thankfully, one of our lab techs asked how we were doing, when I mentioned the Spectrum Analyzer mode, he politely showed me how to get there.  I don't think I'll forget that small step very soon.

         After the class, I flew to Albuquerque for 2 days, just so I could attend my High School class 50th Reunion.  Yes, I am that old.  *Smile*  The trip there was delayed 5 hours by thunderstorms in Dallas, the trip home was also delayed 2.5 hours for the same reason.  It was a good time, I loved the 'New Mexican' breakfast I had each morning, but it was also very tiring.  Luckily I was able to nap some on Monday, so caught up a little bit.  It was a weekend I wouldn't change one bit, other than 'healing' our housesitter/dogsitter so my other half could join me, as we had planned.  I ended up going alone.  If not for the reunion, I would have cancelled the trip.  As it is, due to several doctor's appointments being scheduled during my planned October vacation, we've cancelled plans to go there for the Balloon Fiesta.  That's probably a good thing too though, because I would have been exhausted when we headed out.


In Closing


         I am in Buffalo next week, and know I'll stop at the Anchor Bar and Grill for dinner once.  It's the original home of Buffalo Wings.  I was there in 2014, and long to return.  My schedule remains full to the gills through the end of the year and through March of 2023.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!





Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2022 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1037435-A-Three-Day-Class-In-Schaumburg