*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045133-Chapter-12
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Paranormal · #2288000
This house wants to hurt those that Kristin loves.
#1045133 added February 20, 2023 at 9:59am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 12
TBHTW 2023 Chapter 12
         Tim's cell phone rang. Marissa was in a panic. Nancy had fallen down the stairs and she couldn't get ahold of Brad. Mitch took Tim to the garage where Brad was working with Tyrel. Kristin was going to go to the hospital but thought better of it. She went home and let the boys off for the rest of the day.
         Kristin took the books that Derek had shown her up to her room. Instead of reading though she started packing her room. She thought about her Aunt's room. Linda Shelby and she had many long conversations sitting on her bed. Kristin had taken care of her when she was sick with pneumonia. She had laid in her own room listening to Linda fight with Cassandra over every little thing in Kristin's life. Kristin didn't think she'd be able to enter that room.
         Kristin threw herself on the bed and cried. She screamed that life wasn't fair and she shouldn't have to go through this. Linda Shelby was supposed to live forever. She cried herself to sleep. The extra blanket on the bed covered her up on its own and the bedside lamp went out.

         Kristin's cell phone woke her. It was Nancy calling from the hospital. She wanted to talk to Kristin about what happened.
         Kristin drove to the hospital dreading that she would run into Marissa Logan. When she got there Marissa was nowhere in sight. Brad was sleeping in a chair in Nancy's room.
          "Kristin I'm so glad you came. I don't know what to do," said Nancy.
         "Just calm down and tell me what happened," said Kristin.
         "Brad getting attacked by the drill was just the beginning. A day later, Tim was thrown across the room. I was pinned to the bed one night. I could feel it touching me inappropriately. I've felt like I am being watched. I don't want to go back there."
         Kristin took it all in. "Is anyone getting sickly?"
         Brad stretched. "Mom said she merely tripped but I think she was pushed on the stairs going to the attic. Stuff keeps getting rearranged in Dad's office. James keeps trying to drag Bethany outside, most of the time by her hair. James even hit Mom when she tried to restrain him. Now Bethany is sick, and the doctors can't find a cause.."
         "I'm not going back there, Brad, I'm afraid for the baby."
         "Let me call Mitch. We were looking at places to rent earlier, though that was commercial property we were looking for. I did see a couple of apartments and I'm sure Mitch can find more."
         "The only job I got is with Tyrel. I don't know if that will afford an apartment."
         "Leave that to us, okay? What's important is getting you out of the manor."
         Kristin called Mitch and set an appointment for Brad. She also went to the nurses' desk and asked for a social worker. The doctor came in the room.
         "There's' no damage except for bumps and bruises and the sprained wrist. We can discharge you this afternoon."
         "I won't go back there," said Nancy, "I'll stay in the street first."
         "Calm down, I got this," said Kristin.
         Kristin followed the doctor into the hall.
         "I'm concerned about her getting so agitated."
         "I would be leery given the pregnancy."
         "We're going to need a couple of days to find them a place to go. I'd appreciate if you could keep her here until then. I already asked a social worker to see her."
         "I'll keep her if the social worker warrants it."
         Kristin went back into the room. "I asked for a social worker and talked to the stay with me."
         "Marissa keeps turning a blind eye to what is going on. How can you rationalize a dish flying at your head? It didn't just fall out of the cupboard. If they ask for a reason I want to get out, I'll tell them we are fighting a lot."
         "I can't do anything about the manor unless Marissa wants it. My hands are tied. I can get you out. I'm going to Mitch's office to help him search for a place."
         As Kristin drove to Mitch's office she wondered what had possessed her to offer for them to stay with her. She had regretted it the moment she said it but there was no taking it back. She just hoped the social worker and doctor would give them at least one more day.

         The pretty receptionist greeted Kristin by name and said Mitch was with a client. She sat in the waiting area until Mitch and Tim came out of the office shaking hands with another gentleman. They looked very pleased, and the man left. Tim saw Kristin and went to her.
         "Do you know who that was?" asked Tim, "He works for some of the prominent elected officials in the tri-county area. He wants me for their counsel on retainer. They are going to pay for me to finish my education and take the bar."
         Kristin smiled at Mitch who winked. Kristin knew it was the Griffin influence that gave Tim this opportunity.
         "We need some help. Nancy and Brad want out of the manor."
         'I wish Marissa was still hysterical and blaming you. I was handling that better than her denying what is in front of her," said Tim.
         "I'm not putting them in Carroll. I don't care if it is cheap rent."
         "I was thinking probably Bixby," said Kristin, "Crescent Pointe Falls is high rent. What about a rent-to-own house?"
         "I think I know a couple of places. Let's go look around. We can make a list of two or three places for Brad this afternoon."
         There were two small houses. One was already a rent-to-own and Mitch could talk the owners into it for the other. There were several apartments. There was only one that was on the ground floor.
         "I think we got it. I just wish Nancy could look at them. We're going to have to pull strings again to get them furniture. With Nancy having the baby everyone should want to help."





© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1045133-Chapter-12