*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060347-d30-pt-19
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Detective · #2306086
One of a group of teens is accused of murder. Will their friendship survive?
#1060347 added November 30, 2023 at 8:17pm
Restrictions: None
d30 pt 19
The group was all settled down into bed in the warehouse when noises in the kitchen woke them. Darrel grabbed a flashlight.

"Stay here. I'll yell if I see anything."

Kristin followed anyways.

When they got to the kitchen they saw a flash of red hair taking off down one of aisles toward the office. Kristin grabbed Darrel's arm. He shook her off and followed where it went at a half run. Darrel caught the figure headed up the stairs to the office. He grabbed the back of his shirt and yanked him down. The boy's foot came up and caught Darrel in the mouth. Darrel swung the boy around and punched him. He caught the boy by the arm and squeezed until he stopped squirming.

Kristin got there just as the lights s flicked on. Shaun came down one of the aisles and Tyrel came back from the front.

The boy was grubby from head to foot with greasy brownish red curls. He had on a dirty white Tshirt and ripped dirty blue jeans. His shoes had holes where bare feet peeked through. Green eyes stared out from a dirty face. The boy struggled against Darrel who tightened his grip.

"let me go!"

"Not until you answer some questions," said Darrel.

"How did you get in here?" asked Kristin.

"There's a way into the office up there from the roof."

"Why this warehouse?" asked Darrel.

"Its one of the few with access inside. I usually find good stuff if I search through the boxes."

"Why were youu in the kitchen then?"

"I saw you bring in food. I haven't eaten much in days."

"Lets take this to the kitchen," said Kristin. \"We can at least feed you."

"I'm going to cut some of these lights," said Tyrel.

"I need to check on Dean," said Shaun.

Darrel slammed the boy into a chair and stood over him. Kristin gave Darrel a dirty look.

"You're Kristin Fisher, aren't you?"

"How do you know that?" asked Kristin.

"Rachel Fisher has a picture of you her your mom and some other lady on her desk at the police station."

Kristin found a left over bologna sandwich in the fridge and gave it to the boy.

"So you know Kristin," said Darrel, "so wwho are you?"

"They call me Rob<" he said between bites. "That's how I survive."

Kristin gave Rob a carton of milk.

Darrel stood up. "We can lock him in the office 'til morning, when we have clear heads. You want t o leave the way you came in, be my guest. We won't be here when you come back."

"I wwon't go nowhere. I like you guys."

Darrel and Kristin locked Rob in the office. On their way to their section they were stopped by Shaun.

"Dean isn't looking so good. He's sweaty and moaning and his leg is bleeding again."

"You get Tyrel," said Darrel,"we'll go look at Dean.

Kristin felt like she couldn't breathe.She had thoughts of Dean missing his leg. When they got to hiim Kristin unwrapped his leg. There was pus seeping out of the wound with the blood.

"I think he's got an infection. He could lose his leg."

"Not if we can help it," said Shaun. "Tyrel and I talked about it. He's going to drop us off at the emergency entrance at the hospital."

"You sure you want to do that?" asked Darrel.

"It's not a matter of want to," said Shaun.
© Copyright 2023 Khola Mousethyme (UN: mousethyme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Khola Mousethyme has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060347-d30-pt-19