*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063238-Blog-City-Prompt-January-31-2024
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #2295863
This stuffed Beanie Baby dog came tagged "tracker" which fits my search for knowledge.
#1063238 added January 31, 2024 at 11:37am
Restrictions: None
Blog City Prompt January 31, 2024
Wednesday
January 30, 2024
9:00 am

Yesterday was a disappointment because plans got canceled but at least my daughter is okay.

Blog City - Every Blogger's Paradise.

Prompt: A blue feather arrives in an envelope in your mailbox. No note or explanation. Who sent the blue feather and why?

Valentine's Day is just another day for me. I remember that one miraculous Valentine's Day when I first moved to Arizona. I was used to having my mailbox right up on the house. Here, they were next to the curb. It was in fashion to make unique mailboxes maybe in the shape of your house, or it could be painted like a barn. Ours was huge because we received all of our small business mail there with periodicals and big business manila envelopes. My daughter paints beautifully. She drew a freehand picture of mountains with pine trees, a waterfall, and a very blue lake below and painstakingly painted it over a week. I knew ours was the best on the block.

Imagine my surprise when a mama and papa Eastern Bluebird couple moved in. They allowed me to watch as they waited for their three hatchlings to break out of their shells. It was early for the mama to lay eggs. Usually, this happened at the end of February or the beginning of March. I was fascinated to see how carefully they built their nest.

That Valentine's Day morning, the mailman was late. I checked the box at least three times. Everything looked normal. When the mail finally arrived there was more mail than I expected. As I pulled out the envelopes and magazines, a blue feather fell to the ground. It was from my late brother. We had a pact going before he passed away that when he visited me he would leave a blue feather as a symbol of our sibling bond. Blue is a spiritual color that calms the soul.

I picked up the feather and placed it in my pocket. I would put it with the others. I turned to leave when I heard chirping. It was a magical Valentine's Day.



© Copyright 2024 tracker (UN: tracker1948 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tracker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063238-Blog-City-Prompt-January-31-2024