*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063752-Fame
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1063752 added February 8, 2024 at 4:19am
Restrictions: None
Fame
The Hollywood Walk of Fame’s history goes back to 1953, when E.M. Stuart, volunteer president of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, proposed building the Walk as a means to “maintain the glory of a community whose name means glamour and excitement in the four corners of the world.” The construction began on February 8th. Have you ever visited the Walk of Fame? Is there a specific star you would like to see if the opportunity arose?
Do you think being famous is a good thing or not?

Living where I do so far away from the USA, I’ve never visited the walk of fame. Of course, like everyone who’s breathing, I am completely aware of it.
I must confess I’m not a fan of fame. I appreciate the art, and the craft of acting and singing, in fact all of the arts; painting, writing, and poetry. Yet it seems to me, the only people who get invited to place their hands into wet cement are the people who make the most noise.
I prefer actors who will play in a regional theatres, on stage, purely for the love of their craft. I can’t stand the artificiality of Hollywood. Let’s face it, unless you can wear a dress/gown which leaves nothing to the imagination, then a female will find it more than difficult to crack the Hollywood scene.
I’m unsure of the equivalent for males. There are some actors/film stars who are average in height and stature but for the most part, the artificially whitened teeth, high cheekbones and six pack, are the minimum of requirements.
I’ve always said that fame would be my worst nightmare. Can you imagine how awful it would be when each time one steps outside, a barrage of flashing lights and cameras are there to greet? As I said: it would be an absolute nightmare.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063752-Fame