*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063808-Use-these-words
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1063808 added February 10, 2024 at 12:11am
Restrictions: None
Use these words
GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox


Prompt: Use these words in your blog: perceive, anniversary, pattern, information, pier, change, and raw.

Yesterday at my writing group we were discussing a members’ story. The question raised was if she was meaning to call the place a ship was moored, a pier or a jetty. I don’t think after a robust chat she was convinced to change it.
It was my fifth year anniversary of joining the writing group. It’s an all women’s group, there are usually about ten of us. After previously being part of a mixed group, I perceived the women to be more respectful, willing to listen. I’d noticed a pattern of behaviour amongst the men. It was as if they considered themselves to be superior and were unwilling to help and mentor a raw talent.
The writing centre is for many different writing groups. There are groups for children, teens, romance writers, a mixed gender group, which is held in the evening, the women’s group and I think there may even be one for the historians amongst us.
If anyone is interested, for your information, the centre is named after an author called Katherine Suzanna Pritchard. We call it the KSP Writers Centre.
People come from all over Australia and even overseas to reside there in the cottages in the garden.



Frog in a Hanging Basket




© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063808-Use-these-words