*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064261-Words-included
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1064261 added February 16, 2024 at 4:02am
Restrictions: None
Words included
"Blog City Prompt Forum

Prompt: Have fun with these random words in your entry today:
museum, step, fuel. swipe, clay. brag. and suspicion.

I don’t like to brag but I’m very proud of my city’s new museum, Boola Bardip. The name means many stories in Whadjuk Nyoongar language, the indigenous land on which the Museum sits.

There is a wonderful section dedicated to aboriginal history which goes back at least 65,000 years. There are many artefacts displayed including clay pots which have survived through the eons.
We have a great public transport system in Perth, but sometimes people find they need to drive their cars through different circumstances. I don’t like to take a swipe at the city planners and designers but there is a major lack of parking spaces.
The public transport Perth delivers is pretty good but doesn’t reach the regional towns. This of course means the public who are forced by need to drive, must pay exorbitant parking fees and spend too much money on fuel when they want to come and visit the city and enjoy such iconic buildings such as the museum. I have a suspicion that country folk aren’t considered as important as their city cousins by the people who run our state of Western Australia. The politicians are often accused of this but of course deny it. I wonder would it be asking too much for someone to step up and admit that’s the case and attempt to rectify the problem.



© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064261-Words-included