*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064976-Cry-for-me
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1064976 added February 27, 2024 at 8:53am
Restrictions: None
Cry for me
299 words
"Blog City Prompt Forum
Prompt: Tear Jerkers
Have you ever cried over a movie or serials or sad novels? What do you think brought on your tears?

It’s been a while since I cried over a movie or serial. When I was in my teens I loved musicals and most if not all had a sad scene in them. For instance, Carousel. When Billy Bigalow died I cried so much.😂
Nowadays it’s a tough ask to bring me to tears over anything fictional on television.
I don’t go to the movies very often, there’s nothing that appeals. They seem to have too much violence for my liking. Marvel movies leave me cold.
The last movie that brought me to tears was a home video. This week, after years of my nagging to do something about them, we are in the process of watching all the old VCR tapes with a view to getting them digitised. Most are over thirty years old, many over forty. We were watching a tape which showed us as a family, that’s myself and my husband and our three children visiting my parents at their home one Sunday morning. Our kids are all over fifty now and my parents are long gone. On the tape I was mid-thirties, the kids all under eight years old. We all looked so happy as did my parents who were just busy in the garden when we arrived and John was videoing everything.
I just sat and cried! I don’t know why. Was it that those long gone thirty somethings and three small children who had disappeared? My mum and dad who looked so healthy both died of cancers within a few years of the video being taken.
So maybe it’s not fiction which brings me to tears but the realities of life.

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064976-Cry-for-me