*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065059-Last-month-of-Summertime
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1065059 added February 28, 2024 at 12:45am
Restrictions: None
Last month of Summertime
FORUM
Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum  (E)
This is the forum where blog prompts will be posted for the Blogging Circle of Friends.
#1901904 by Lyn's a sly fox


Day 4027: February 28, 2024

Prompt: “Even though February was the shortest month of the year, sometimes it seemed like the longest.”
JD Robb

What do you think? Does February seem like the longest month of the year?

If there was a month I have mixed feelings about then it’s February. The reasons are being that it’s always the hottest month of the year so I’m always pleased to say goodbye. This year February has been particularly hot. We experienced 5or 6 days of over 40 degrees and many more in the high thirties. However it’s also the month the school children return to school after seven weeks of Summer holidays. Now if you’re a mum then it’s a month to look forward to and to celebrate. I no longer have school age kids myself but having six great grandchildren I know the relief their mothers experience. Of course too there’s the added bonus of the shops being quieter.
February is a short month but this year it’s a leap year and we are given an extra day. I often wonder what people do with those 24 extra hours of life. Perhaps it should be a public holiday, ours to do with as we wish, the school kids would really enjoy another day off after only four weeks of the new school year.
Yet when we lived in England, the month of February was always bitterly cold. The hours of daylight were short and many people would get very depressed. It was that month which eventually sent us scurrying off to Australia in 1972.

264 words

© Copyright 2024 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065059-Last-month-of-Summertime