*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065225-Would-You-Go-With-Me-by-Josh-Turner
Rated: 13+ · Book · Music · #2313403
A blog about music from my unique perspective (also a spot for some poetry I’ve written)
#1065225 added February 29, 2024 at 8:07am
Restrictions: None
Would You Go With Me, by Josh Turner
I couldn't let February, the month of love, go by without featuring Josh Turner's charming and romantic Would You Go With Me.

The combination of the intricately layered country flavored guitars and Josh's rich, deep, earnest voice, along with the poetic and highly metaphorical words, makes for a truly timeless and classic piece.

I've been familiar with Josh Turner, his distinctive voice, and his famous spiritual crossover song Long Black Train since I was a child, but I don't really remember this one from way back, learning about it more recently and only adding it to my playlist in 2023, when it became a treasured favorite.

I love Josh's voice, and his hymns are nothing to sneeze at, but generally his secular love songs are rather cheesy and don't do justice to his talent.

Would You Go With Me, however, is perfectly tailored for him, incorporating everything that makes a song both interesting and wholesome to listen to.

It's a fitting note to draw this blog to a close with. I greatly enjoyed being able to share a sample of my playlist with others, and I can assure you there's plenty more where this came from. Maybe I'll join the fun of "The Soundtrack of Your Life again next year *Smile*



© Copyright 2024 Amethyst Angel🌸📝🪽 (UN: greenwillow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amethyst Angel🌸📝🪽 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065225-Would-You-Go-With-Me-by-Josh-Turner