*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/145403-Chinese-Food
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #214850
An evolution in years
#145403 added January 27, 2002 at 9:12pm
Restrictions: None
Chinese Food
Perfect Date???

Ok, so a few days ago, my boyfriend and I got into a HUGE fight. He accused me of cheating on him (which I wasn't), and that only made me a little mad. The next day he apologized, and I'm in the process of forgiving him.

Anyway, last Friday (I'm writing this on Sunday) we went out for dinner. He was planning on driving, but he got in a huge fight with his parents (somewhat involving me), and called to say he was going to be late. Well, I was hungry, so I offered to come down and pick him up instead. I got there, and he told me about the fight, and that he pretty much felt like shit. We drove to a chinese restaurant near our school (about 10-15 minutes away). I was starving, as was he, and we were hoping they wouldn't be too busy.

Well, we got there, and there was a pretty long wait (about 45 minutes to an hour, even with preferential treatment because the owners know my boyfriend and his parents). So we got carry out.

We walked outside, and had to come up with somewhere to eat the food. Seeing as I live about half an hour away from school, and his parents kinda hated me at that point (not to mention he didn't want to see them after the blow-up) we had two options - Eat it in my car (MY parents would have killed me) or eat it on one of the benches in the shopping area the restaurant was in. So we sat down on one of the benches, and unpacked the food.

I'm not a "sit on a bench" kind of person however. So, when my boyfriend ran into the nearby Bookstore/coffee shop to get us something to drink along with our food, I sat down on the ground (I like the ground thankyouverymuch). He joined me when we came back out.

So, here's the scene: Myself and my boyfriend sitting on the ground, eating our food (Mongolian Beef for him, Sweet and Sour Shrimp for me), in front of a hardware/paint store. It's about 60 degrees out (at night nonetheless), and only a few stars are showing through the cloud cover. I had my sleeves rolled up (I also like the cold thankyouverymuch). We're disussing the fight we had, the fight he had with his parents, and life in general.

So, he offers me a bite of his food, and I take it. I'm just about to eat an onion, when he reaches his fork over to brush off one of those nasty peppers they use to make the mongolian beef spicy. I kinda joke that I could handle it, and he says that I probably have no clue how spicy they really are. I tell him I could handle it (again), and he says "bring it". We each grab a pepper, and eat it. Yummy. You've got to love that "my-tongue-is-slowly-dissolving" feeling. He almost immediatly started drinking his rootbeer. I calmly sat there pretending like I didn't feel it (which, by the way, I did... I felt like I had used sulfuric acid as mouthwash). Soon, he was shoveling rice in his mouth. I still sat there, laughing at him (ok, that's now upgraded to kissing an electric eel). Eventually, I took a bite of my sweet and sour shrimp. He lost miserably. (Oh, and at this point it felt like I had been drinking lava).

Honestly, that has to be one of my favorite memories. It was easily the best date I have ever had, not to mention the most fun.


Kgirlfae ~ Wanting

© Copyright 2002 Kgirlfae ~ Wanting (UN: kgirlfae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kgirlfae ~ Wanting has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/145403-Chinese-Food