*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487901-Valentine-flowers-Anyone-got-some-spare-ribs--to-go
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#487901 added February 14, 2007 at 12:54am
Restrictions: None
Valentine flowers. Anyone got some spare ribs ... to go?
** Image ID #1185165 Unavailable **

by panthera

L'aura del campo

WINTER: 7 Mulk (13 February) 23º and wet snow on the ground.


'é a lua, é a lua, na quintana dos mortos'
♣ Federico García Lorca ♣


Me, my friends and my family

Well, I slipped and fell in the shower this morning and my ribs are complaining this afternoon, so I suspect they don't approve of being bruised. This old body ain't as young as he used to be. Can I get in line for a new one?

Went to Social Security office to fill out forms yesterday. That only traumatized me a tad! Still upset about one question they asked, but the intake person, Ruth, was wonderful and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Krista drove me out there; that was nice of her. Today, I got advice from a doctor on how to amend the application.

I took a 'power' nap last night. It helped me to read more blogs and I started to watch the movie, "Finding Forrester". I love the music at the end: "It's a wonderful world/Over the rainbow". Couldn't concentrate long enough to watch it more than a few minutes.

Avoided one meeting today. Went to another. We had a moment of silence for Mike Hewitt who died yesterday; he was around 50.

And there was a memorial service for my friend Gary McPike's grandmother, Alice (Rosten) Ekstrom, today in Palmyra, New York. She was 76. Perhaps not the happiest Valentine's Day for his grandfather Erik Ekstrom. Happily, there's lots of family. My condolences to their daughter Janet McPike and the rest of the family.

Almost forgot. Today was Nathan Clark's birthday. Born 1979 while I was in South Carolina being rescued from the edge by my since lifelong friend Kevin. Been a while since I've heard from Nathan.

Metered

Strands of sand and blue sky
cannot buy one more minute.
Hair grows after death,
exposing the roots
of hope and despair;
they aren't blond, dumb
or stupid. Dead locks
do not care and somewhere
tomorrow will have dawned
on beach bums,
blue eyed and blond.

[163.573b]

I was thinking of the sad life of Anna Nicole Smith when I wrote this today.

IMAGES and RAMBLINGS

Outside: snow on the north side of tree trunks; slip and slide; sting of moist cold; white winter wonderland; sound of a car door.

Inside: flickering lights; sound of the refrigerator; scalding tap water; hot radiators; sound of a neighbor opening a door.

Internal: tiredness; beans and white cheese; bloat; sore rib cage; soft sweater; food in my beard. (Where is the door to my future?)

WATT'S GNU!

Twenty flowers (meaning) to give for Valentine's Day:

1. Rose (Love)
2. Orchid (A Belle)
3. Iris (My Compliments)
4. Calla Lily (?)
5. Sunflower (Pure thoughts)
6. Amaryllis (Splendid beauty)
7. Tulip (Declaration of love)
8. Carnation (Pride and beauty)
9. Hydrangea (Heartfelt)
10. Bird of Paradise (Joyfulness)
11. Chrysanthemum (Fidelity)
12. Daffodil (Chivalry)
13. Tiger Lily (I dare you to love me)
14. Anthurium (Hospitality)
15. Peony (Bashful)
16. Lilac (Youthful innocence)
17. Gerbera Daisy (?)
18. Anemone (Anticipation)
19. Aster (Patience)
20. Stargazer Lily (?)

From this link:

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/61254/buzz-in-full-bloom

My answer to the three with question marks: calla = elegance; gerbera = constancy; stargazer = fragrance of memory.

Based on that list I should send a certain friend a dozen tiger lilies and maybe write a dozen poems to go along with them. *Smirk*

The weather has been wet here. Managed to dodge the drops yesterday. It turned into something wet and white by evening. It is possible that the dry part of winter has ended. Late winter and spring can be moist. And it might warm up after this blast of cold. Next week they've even forecasted 3-4 days in the 50s.

*Reading* READING *Reading*

Trying to start a Sharon McCone detective novel by Marcia Muller. Hard for me to concentrate.

BLOGVILLE

Must reads: Nada 's GC entry "Invalid Entry about circumcision and shoes. *Rolleyes*

Also, for Nena's lyrics of 99 Loftballons auf Deutsch: "Invalid Entry in dizzyduck's blog.

For philosophy go to Prosperous Snow celebrating and her entry "the truth about the ankh. "Midnight and Morning Thoughts is an example of her exquisite writing.

15,135 views

** Image ID #1134108 Unavailable **
 Kåre *Snow2* Enga

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487901-Valentine-flowers-Anyone-got-some-spare-ribs--to-go