*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529633-What-does--mean-Daddy-and-3-more-short-poems
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#529633 added August 21, 2007 at 5:28pm
Restrictions: None
What does ____ mean, Daddy? and 3 more short poems!
What does ____ mean, Daddy?

"Truck-truck", points our baby Billy;
"chuck-chuck", chirps the bird.
But what Harry said to Sally, Daddy,
I've never seen nor heard.

© Kåre Enga [164.186d] 2007-08-19

Four finches in the willow

Here they come, a chorus,
streaks of gold, black winged;
singing as they fly-by,
dipping through the green.

© Kåre Enga [164.186a] 2007-08-19

Truth revealed at last

Maple leaf, maple leaf: plain and boring green.
Oh, maple leaf, yeah maple leaf, you just a boring green,
Yet, when Jack Frost make you bow and blush,
Yes, when he come with that ice-cold-brush.
you the prettiest I done ever seen.

© Kåre Enga [164.187b] 2007-08-19

Raindrops on redbud

The mist falls very gently;
it gathers on heart leaves.
And there it waits for fairies
who'll sip and sigh relief.

© Kåre Enga [164.186c] 2007-08-19

The above poems were written at the same time ... so you can see how my mind goes off on tangents. It's still on vacation, I think. (somewhere cooler?)

Okay, it's 97º and the heat index is 104º already, so give me a break! Let's see if I can come up with some IMAGES by rumaging around here *Rolleyes*:

Ranita opening up a can of bright red cherry pie filling (a silly song came to mind and I HAD to slink away); me, Kelly, Susan and LaNiece with stickers on our faces *Balloon1* (it is LaNiece's b-day); insanity (well, that's an everyday situation); a crab sticker! (a gift from Carol, also some animal stickers); chatter about peach cobbler and chicken and dumplings (I can almost see and taste them now). Enough!

BLOGVILLE:

Just Jamie has been to the high mountain air of Colorado and is back in Maryland where Journey decided to get ill just before her birthday. I think she turns 1 in a couple days. Go send her a greeting!
Well, if the water is cool and blue, you must be laughing and tubing with emmyloo, cause you ain't here in Kansas! *Laugh*
I visited M who is going through the 'rejection' cycle we writers know all too well. In an old blog entry she makes good points about having to know one's audience. She writes novels (YA).
Rainbow Writer is thrilled that her kids are back from their father's. She has sons 5 and 7. I'm jealous. That's such a wonderful age.
I need to learn about anime and cosplay and crossplay or I'll never understand some of the younger generation, like NSG . I don't want to be known as 'old'. Don't want to feel old neither.
I tried to leave some words of encouragement for Dawn Embers who is a college student in Utah. She has been overwhelmed. And that is a landscape I know all too well.
On a high note: The Literary Penguin seems to be ferflexed by the meat selection in Saudi Arabia: camel and ostrich and ... He is keeping his sense of humor though (What, no penguin, Ger?). And in "Invalid Entry he speaks about reuniting with friends through WDC.
23,050

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/529633-What-does--mean-Daddy-and-3-more-short-poems