*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549396-The-Magician--St-Nicholas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#549396 added November 15, 2007 at 7:02pm
Restrictions: None
The Magician--St. Nicholas
Yes, I am still reeling from the break-up ogf my son's marriage. But so far, he is being strong and continuing to do "the next right thing". I have been able to see my grandkids and physically they are well, and acutually not to bad emotionally as far as I can tell. I am not naive enough to believe there will not be consequences here, but ....we just have to move through time.

I ask God, Ultimate Reality, Mother Goddess, et al to bless my son and his family. And I ask Mother Mary to bless my daughter-in-law, because I cannot yet do that. Most days I'm not even sure what to pray for, just "help"...is all I can get out.

I pulled the Tarot card the Magician from the Tarot of the Saints, and this deck associates St. Nicholas with this card. As I am much into omens, signs, synchronicity, I feel this works well as we move into the Christmas season.

I'm not going to try and jolly myself into a festive holiday spirit this year, but plan to honor this dark time of the year in a contemplative and mystical fashion.

I need to heal and I will honor this need with frequent prayer, meditation. I'm going to invite the darkness, allow myself to sleep and to dream as I need, and know that answers and strength will come.

I've always enjoyed marking the Advent season as many do with Lent, by observing some small sacrifice, and instead of time feasting I plan to observe a partial fast most days.

Interesting, that the Magician is the beginning, card #1 of the Tarot, start at the beginning, spirit infused into matter.

Blessings!

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549396-The-Magician--St-Nicholas