*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582475-The-Dutch-Mill-doesnt-serve-Polish-Sausage
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1371715
Welcome to The Library. Randomness happens, Studyees.
#582475 added April 30, 2008 at 3:17pm
Restrictions: None
The Dutch Mill doesn't serve Polish Sausage??
Mhm. Not on the menu.

I woke up this morning with a weird taste for Polish sausage. I only eat it a couple times a year. And being that this was once a big Polish community, it shouldn't be that hard to find. And if not, I'd settle for Italian sausage...which I never eat.

I know if I go to Frosty's, the seasonal hot dog/ice cream stand, I'll have my choice of Polish and Italian. But I don't feel like sitting outside to eat; it's way too chilly (and like Julie D - PUBLISHED! said, you'd think with the month of May around the corner it wouldn't be so cold...guess not, since it's the end of April and I'm still dressing in layers). So I figure The Dutch Mill has to have it, since they're a little Texas Hots place with a full menu. Plus they're reasonable. And cute waitresses are always a bonus *Smile*. I sit down, start flipping through the menu...alas, no sausage of any kind. None. Unless you count hot dogs. I don't.

So now I'm sitting here ready to pass out from what possibly could've been the largest hot turkey sandwich ever ingested. Should've passed up the apple pie, or at least asked for them to warm it up.

Since I'm in this '90's kick, here's something from back in the day...living on my own for the first time, watching MTV2 (when they too only played videos, of bands we'd never heard of) til the wee hours and drinking microbrews we'd never heard of before with Dave. Good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rQmB7SCrzc

Viva la vinyl. "Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow."

© Copyright 2008 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/582475-The-Dutch-Mill-doesnt-serve-Polish-Sausage