*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600740-What-Makes-You-Cry
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#600740 added September 29, 2008 at 12:21pm
Restrictions: None
What Makes You Cry?
This was a question posted on another message board I frequent and I thought it was and interesting question. When I read the answers this morning alot of what made them cry were movies, books, the star bangle banner, things like that. Those things make me cry but recently at work, I've been tearing up alot.





When long term patients go home or when we have to have "The Talk" with the family, I get emotional. Or worse, when the patient is home and we get a phone call that they are back or worse.





I used to keep it together better. I thought that Major Houlian from M*A*S*H was a good role model. At least in her professional life. I wonder, being the arm chair therapist, if her personal life was so messed up because her professional life was off balanced.


As I get older, I find it harder to keep my emotions in check. Of course being free of depression certainly changes things. And maybe that is a good thing.






© Copyright 2008 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/600740-What-Makes-You-Cry