*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617389-What-Do-We-Do-Now-That-The-Election-is-Over
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#617389 added November 8, 2008 at 12:36am
Restrictions: None
What Do We Do Now That The Election is Over?
Everyone is talking about how the country now needs to heal after this bitter election season. Someone has actually suggested some steps we can all take to start the process.


Michael S Hyatt is the CEO & president of Thomas Nelson Publishers. On his blog, he outlined four commitments to the new President to begin. Here they are:


1. I will pray for him and our country.


2. I will assume his motives are good, giving him the benefit of the doubt.


3. I will not speak ill of him, even if I don't always agree with him.


4. I will cast off the spirit of cynicism, and be a positive force for good.





They are all good but the one that I like is number four: "I will cast off the spirit of cynicism and be a positive force for good." I want to do that. My pastor actually sent an email about these steps with the blog address. He wants the church to "join him in these commitments."


I'm going to try. Some of the attitudes at work have been almost funeral-like at times. I think throwing off the spirit of cynicism will help make me feel better.





http://www.michaelhyatt.com/fromwhereisit/2008/11/my-four-commitm.html#more)

© Copyright 2008 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/617389-What-Do-We-Do-Now-That-The-Election-is-Over