*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624438-Blogging-about-Blogging
by Lani
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1455359
My musings, my rambles and I welcome you.
#624438 added November 19, 2010 at 11:09am
Restrictions: None
Blogging about Blogging?
December 15


Prompt: Write here, write there. Blog there, blog here. Spot there, spot here.





I have to say, like ShellySunshine I think earlybird is nuts. It took me a while to figure out what he wanted. I posted a comment, but to blog about blogging?  I know just enough to be dangerous or rather to put my foot in my mouth. I do try to keep my feet clean so when the occasion arises...nevermind.





I started my blog partly to vents some frustrations and partly to learn to write better. I have some stories to tell and I want to learn to tell them well. What I've found is that my frustrations are not unique and not that  interesting. I didn't want my blog to turn into a whine fest or a "As the Stomach Turns."  I floundered.





So I took some friendly advice and started reading. I found diamond_hoop when he reviewed a story for me. His specialty is grammar and honest opinions. I hear his imagined voice in my head when I see any cringe worthy grammar errors in the blog. This is not a bad thing. I find my entries less painful than they were, grammar-wise. (Okay, Dave stop shaking your head. I will see the errors in a day or two)





The last election was rough. When I couldn't stomach the far swings from the Right or Left in the media, Carolina Blue was there with a balanced and rational take on the situation. Ken has a  second blog dedicated just to politics, but he just started it. I will be interested to read his views on the new administration.





inhercat was the first person to comment on my blog and to make me feel welcome in blogville. I love reading her stuff, because she is interesting and interested.





I was surfing the "more blogs" prompt when I found topsey. His take on his life is funny. Steve is an English Dave Barry. However, he is not for the easily offended. The over 18 rating is real.





One outside blog I enjoy is Susan Kaye's  " I HAD TO LAUGH." http://www.xanga.com/susankaye . She blogs about her life, her writing and post stories. She writes fanfic using Jane Austen characters. She has published two books. Susan blog is just fun. And of course I have to plug http://waiterrant.net/ . I did an entry about the site, "Waiter Rant the holy grail of blogs. His blog is also not for the easily offended.





I floundered, but I am finding my feet. Writing everyday is a challenge and it does stretch me. This 31 day Challenge has energized my blogging but also my other writings. I have re-edited some older works and written a couple of newer ones. I used to wonder at some blogs that I have followed. Why the authors didn't post everyday or at least every other. I never realized how much work it takes.





On more thing, Earl.  You're not nuts. I am for taking up the challenge. So Thanks.






© Copyright 2010 Lani (UN: lani at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/624438-Blogging-about-Blogging