*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637109-Is-It-Irreverant-to-the-memory-of-this-blog-to-post-now
by Aradne
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1010479
Not interesting at all. Just like me.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#637109 added February 22, 2009 at 4:21am
Restrictions: None
Is It Irreverant to the memory of this blog to post now?
I don't think it'd stop me if it was.

The last post on this blog was the angriest and most hurt I have been in years. Well, 4 years. But I am 22, and 4 years is actually a good chunk of my life.

I'm 22. This is something that I am coming to terms with recently. I am graduating this April, and I am moving on in life. I am leaving the friends that I have made here and leaving to make new friends and form new experiences. So this is a good thing, right?

Then why do I feel like crying when I consider it?

Each year of my college experience has been increasingly better and richer, especially when considering the quality of my friendships. The content (or rather, lack thereof) attests to the fact that my quality and quantity of friends has only risen. This only makes it harder, however. Jali in particular is all the reason in the world for me not to want to graduate.

Also, i feel that there are few people that I can truly talk about the sense of looming loss that I anticipate. Most just want to know what I'm doing after graduation, some (like Jali) can't bear the conversation, and for the most part I just find myself comforting others about the fact that I am leaving.

And therein lies a great deal of the problem.

Anyway, if you know of any sort of paid position that has a social work slant or anything to do with social justice, let me know! Somehow most organizations want me to have experience...... Eeeeeek.

© Copyright 2009 Aradne (UN: ilianna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aradne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/637109-Is-It-Irreverant-to-the-memory-of-this-blog-to-post-now