*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664335
Rated: GC · Book · Writing · #1543433
Poems and prose written between March 20th, 2009-2010
#664335 added August 19, 2009 at 6:04pm
Restrictions: None
166.177 Eclipsed (prose)
Eclipsed

We were always conjoined. Our emotions flowed from one to the other like a tempest of teapots, sloshing everything and everybody close enough to get slobbered.

Like the time Kimchi called exclaiming she just had to go traipsing to Guernsey to see the eclipse. No, she couldn't do it anywhere else! Exotic was her cuppa tea and there was browsing to do at the quaint little stops. This island past nowhere where Walmart hadn't wiped everything out. And there was that hope for a glimpse of the old-fiery-ball being chawed and spit out.

I'd just sunk my teeth into a mcburger. I had more mundane things to work out. Like lose my long-sniggering innocence, I thought.

I had it all planned to a tee, the tent with one sleeping bag (the other left at home... so convenient...), the tempting location, a soft tangle of tansy with a view of the lake in the tree-topped lee of a rock in case someone was watching. I had tapers for romance and pop tarts to eat. I had plenty of tangerine Tang to drink. I had trojans!

I carefully wrapped the two mooncakes for an after-dessert.

That day went really well for us both. I could feel Kimchi's emotions swelling inside me every time she oohed and aahed holding some trinket or riding while stroking her horse. I was stoked. She told me later she hadn't a clue (well... maybe a little) as to why she was so aroused by clotted cream and scones dreaming of some damn slice of silver sliding over a platter of gold. After-all, the clouds were already wispy with not a promise of clearing in sight.

Then the moment arrived, Sunshine radiating at me and my moon exposed to the sky... I gasped... as the heavens clapped in applause... and then all went dark as the faucet flowed forth. It soaked us till we had to run to the truck. Huddled against the cold the moment was over (there was no room to resume and someone was shriveled up from the chill). When a rainbow came out it was time to drive home through thick mud and dry off.

Half-a-cloud-covered world away, Kimchi sighed as she wrote:

It was light, then it was dark, then it was light. Then it was over. *yawn*

When I shared it, Sunshine exclaimed,

... at least she got a souvenir to take home.

© Kåre Enga [160.177] 2009-08-12

Inspired by that last italicized line. It came from a blog entry: "Invalid Entry of KimChi .

Note: closer to the original:

Eclipsed

We were always conjoined. Our emotions flowed from one to the other like a tempest in a teapot, sloshing everything and everybody close enough to get slobbered.

Like the time Kimchi called exclaiming she just had to go traipsing off to Guernsey to see the eclipse. No, she couldn't do it anywhere else! It was exotic and there was shopping at quaint little stores where Walmart hadn't taken over... yet, and a hope for a glimpse of the sun being chewed up and spit out.

I'd just sunk my teeth into a mcburger. I had more mundane things to do.

Like lose my sniggering innocence. I had it all planned, the tent with one sleeping bag (the other one left conveniently at home), the location a soft meadow with a view of the lake, in the lee of a rock in case someone was watching. I had candles, I had plenty to eat, plenty to drink. I had condoms!

The day went really well for us both. I could feel Kimchi's emotions swelling inside me every time she oohed and aahed holding some trinket, riding a horse. I was stoked. She told me later she had no clue (well... maybe a little{}) as to why she was so excited over her clotted cream and scones dreaming of some damn slice of silver sliding over a platter of gold in the sky. Afterall, the clouds were already wispy and not a promise of clearing in sight.

Then the moment arrived, Sunshine radiating at me and my moon exposed to the sky... I gasped... the heavens clapped in applause and then the faucet opened up. It soaked us till we had to run to the truck. Huddled against the cold the moment was over (there was no room to resume and someone was cold and shriveled up). When the rainbow came out it was time to go home and dry off.

Half a cloud-covered world away Kimchi sadly wrote:

It was light, then it was dark, then it was light. Then it was over. *yawn*

... at least she got some lousy souvenirs to take home.

© Kåre Enga [160.177] 2009-08-12

Inspired by that last italicized line. It came from a blog entry: "Cloud Cover" by Kimchi

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/664335