*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674804-Zacks-black-leather-case-an-excerpt
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#674804 added November 5, 2009 at 2:55am
Restrictions: None
Zack's black leather case... an excerpt
*Leaf4* NaNoWriMo

"Blood of the Garlic: Wrote 3 NaNo stories today. I like all of them. "Hotdogs and Honeybuns" derives its title from a comment made by Savannah, the daughter of ShellySunshine , "Wisdom of the Stones" has patience as a theme; "Zack's Black Leather Case" picks on Z.˚rz of course! *Pthb*

I'm very far behind on entering and editing and doing word count. I have written 18 stories, so I should be around 9k words.

*Leaf4* Vampire humor?

What's our reading suggestion for vendors who seek to cheat vamps?

Why won't we bother middle-management types?

And why aren't the big bosses better?

Why aren't vamps overly impressed with death?

Ah... but why do we love peaceniks?

So why do we even bother with politicians?

But you passed up Maggie Hatchet!

Excerpt from:

"Zack's Black Leather Case"

Next day, Czeszniak saw Bawang walking down the road carrying Zack's black leather case. So how did it go? Czeszniak ventured. Fairly fine, Bawang smiled back. He would've been startled to see us all lined up, clothes hanging as if embodied by ghosts. So I saved him the grief. Last night when he was trying to seduce me by parading around in his briefs, I exposed his film by mistake... and he wasn't amused when I showed him my fangs. I never did get to see his family jewels. Boy was he pissed! And I'm sure you were disappointed too, Czeszniak threw back.

© Kåre Enga [166.256] 2009-11-04

*Leaf4* Sketching it out:

Z.˚rz has bemoaned his status as a black case. Heaven help us if he ever gets demoted to yeller! *Rolleyes* So, I just put him into a story as a traveling salesman who sells cameras. I could change that to video... but this story is taking place about 50 years ago.

*Leaf4* Thou:

alfred booth, wanbli ska wrote a lament in his blog that I responded to and decided to edit and rethink here:

Facebook? Not me... not yet. There are problems for me emotionally (feel too exposed personally). Want to... really don't want to. May have to. I'd definitely get more exposure and comments. But useful or valuable comments? Of that I'm not sure. It would be easier to reach out to local people, family and friends.

One thing that could be done by WdC is allow the public non-members to comment. The down side of that is that the trash talk would increase and writers would have to monitor their comments daily and generously delete.

The current folks here at WdC seem to read blogs less and comment much much less. It kills the interactive writing aspect of blogging.

When my blog was getting 800 views per day (and yes, that is not a typo) the number of comments I received were the same.

My "Hoarfrosts from Hell [GC] blog is still set on "authors only" and barely has over 2k views after more than 4 years as opposed to almost 75k for my two public blogs.

In any case... Blogville isn't as cheerful as it used to be. And WdC could use some rethinking.

*Leaf4* Me and Mine:

Woke up late to a sunshiny day.

It was cold and I stayed in...

...until it was time for sushi at Sushi Hana! I find that certain routines help me slog through the down times.

Went to the Break Espresso and wrote three stories. Not bad!

*Leaf4* Montana: 28º and clear in Missoula at midnight.

56,635 views

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674804-Zacks-black-leather-case-an-excerpt