*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674484-Day-of-the-Dead
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#674484 added November 3, 2009 at 2:16am
Restrictions: None
Day of the Dead
*Leaf4* Day of the Dead *Leaf4*



*Leaf4* NaNoWriMo

"Blood of the Garlic: Up to 13 stories, but only 4 entered on-line. I worked on my characters Ajo, Thoom, Czeszniak, Knyflok and Meadowlark today. Bawang and Bunny showed up too (Bawang always does).

I probably wrote over 2k words this evening. Won't know until I enter the stories on-line. But... most of the stories are around 500 words. Not much more than a scene, a flash fiction. But... I tend to write lyrically; this is what I do.

More vampish thoughts... some humorous:

What do vamps sing when they have low blood levels?

A vamp "sex" warning poster.

Why do vamps love air conditioning.

A storm cellar is a nice quiet place for a nap. A crypt?

What do vamps think of baptism?

*Leaf4* Me and Mine:

So I ate a pasty today at the Senior Center. If you don't know what one is visit Cornwall or Wales or Butte, Montana. These came from Dear Lodge. Quite filling. *Smile*

This evening I went to the parade for the Day of the Dead. Got pictures on my cell-phone as my camera's still missing. Will have to replace it soon. *Rolleyes*

As the parade grows, the city will need to do more than place barriers that the drivers ignore. It was broadly advertised and it grows every year. Can't folks see the parade in front of them? What do barriers mean anyways?

Nice mandala in Caras Park...



So... I ended up at the Break Espresso with the students. Turned out to be a fine night for writing for me. Wrote 4 short stories! So, I'm up to 13 and approximately 6.5k. Working titles: "Suicide is senseless", "Foundling", "Day of the Dead", "Quantum".

*Leaf4* Montana: 29º in Missoula at midnight.

56,598 views

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674484-Day-of-the-Dead