*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674983-Two-letters-and-a-story-Prolly-up-to-10k-yay
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#674983 added November 6, 2009 at 3:38am
Restrictions: None
Two letters and a story. Prolly up to 10k... yay!
*Leaf4* NaNoWriMo

"Blood of the Garlic: I wrote two letters today: "Letter to Bawang from Boise" and "Letter to Lark from Fort Stinky". Just like some other of my prose poems in the cadence of Richard Hugo. I think that I can do perhaps 6 more of these: from the prehistoric caves of Spain, the Great Wall of China, Kilimanjaro at dawn, an island off Greenland, a bridge over the Danube between Buda and Pest, the alleys of Cuzco in Perú. Of these eight places, I've only lived in Fort Stinky (my present address), traveled through Boise (kinda like passing through Boise City, Susan *Wink*), and wandered through the alleys of Cuzco. The other places I have never been. But... I know what they mean emotionally and with a few concrete sensual details nailing the place I'll be fine. This is one thing I'm good at. *Smile*

Early this morning (just after midnight), I wrote another story, "The Old Lady", making a total of 21 short pieces of prose since I began on the 25th of October. I figure I'm over 10k now.

For those participating in NaNoWriMo, at the end of today the 6th, November is 20% over and 10k words should be your total if you are on schedule. I hope for all of you that you are. *Heart*

*Leaf4* Thou:

Erin J. Roberts is reeling from the events of the day at Fort Hood in Texas where she lives on base. Say a prayer for her nerves.

After reading Paige Turner 's blog entry about types of laughter (useful for writers I thought) in "Invalid Entry, I read a previous entry that mentioned that her father-in-law had died at age 97. I can't feel sad to tell the truth. It's a very good age to arrive to! I immediately thought of the 1971 movie Harold and Maude, which somehow I didn't see till 30 years later. This song by Cat Stevens is wonderful:



*Leaf4* Me and Mine:

I cooked up some pork, boiled foglie di carciofo (artichoke pasta) in the broth, added some white artichoke pesto with a splash of milk and soft butter. Mixed it all up and had my own private feast. It was quite good.

Went out for a short walk at sunset, gathered notes, came back and soaked in my patchouli-lavender bubblebath and then went out across the bridge in the evening. Mostly though, I stayed home in front of the window soaking up rays. It's been four sunshiny days. But precipitation is moving in from Idaho and snow-showers loom in the forecast for later today.

*Leaf4* Montana: 51º and warming? in Missoula at 1 a.m.

56,661 views

© Copyright 2009 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/674983-Two-letters-and-a-story-Prolly-up-to-10k-yay